Thread: Concerns about OC and BC but probably just IBS?

Concerns about OC and BC but probably just IBS?

Hi everyone! Longterm HA and GAD but I’ve been really great the past couple of years. Now these issues have turned back up and I’m having trouble fighting the HA back.

I’m 29(F) and 18 months postpartum and still breastfeeding. I have a history of IBS (just diarrhoea and cramps) that went away during pregnancy.

When my period came back 7 months pp I started getting back pain, tummy aches and diarrhoea in the lead up to and during my period. Saw a dr, had a smear, blood tests and internal exam and everything seemed fine. Went on BC pill and it seemed to go away.

Husband and I want to have number 2 so I went off BC pill. 2 days before I stopped taking it (and 5 days before “period aka withdrawal bleed” was due the diarrhoea/cramps/back and now hip ache started back up. It’s now been 8 days and I still experience morning diarrhoea, tummy ache, general bloating, gas, back ache and hip ache. I also have heartburn that comes and goes. I went to the dr who though IBS but let’s be safe, and ran tests related to bowel issues. Everything has come back fine except a CRP of 7 (was 2 when it was last checked prior to BC pills).

I’m also experiencing a long withdrawal bleed since stopping BC pills.

However I’m still facing the pain and other issues and cannot fight the fear of it being OC. I’ve read so many horror stories on how easy it is to miss. Does anyone have any similar experiences or reassurance/guidance?

Thanks for reading and sorry for any typos/autocorrects
    Last edited by tamarillo; 24-01-22 at 23:17.

Re: Concerns about OC and BC but probably just IBS?

I’ve been to the dr and had an ultrasound of my uterus, bladder and ovaries and all looked normal.

My blood were ok. One of my coeliac markers is still up. I had this in 2017 and had an endoscopy but it didn’t diagnose anything. Have been referred for an endoscopy/colonoscopy to confirm it is IBS. Schedule for march. Haven’t had blood occult stool test back though.

My lower back and hips hurt. And I’ve been reading so many stories about people who have back pain or various muscle pain and it turns out it’s terminal cancer/wide spread secondary cancer that’s been missed (why do I keep doing this to myself I don’t know).

We were going to start trying for baby number 2 but now I’m scared there’s something seriously wrong so I should put it off :/

Hi

Have you had a date for your appointment yet?

Many of the aches and pains are probably from your pregnancy, as your baby is only 18 months old, it can take quite a while for the body to fully recover. It’s hard work looking after a small child!

It’s reassuring to hear that the ultrasound all looked ok.

Have my endoscopy/colonoscopy on March 8th! Not looking forward to it but keen to rule things out.

Thread Information