Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Not okay right now

Re: Not okay right now

Oh BI, sorry you're having a bit of lull. I think everything I could say has been said, I just wanted to echo some support.

Thanks, Catkins. Really tired after the conference but it was nice to have a change of scene. Picked up treats for my husband on the way home because one of the cats wet the bed this morning.

Hopefully nobody will mind me posting an update!

Got up this morning, took a grocery delivery and went to watch some TV until it was time to go get pierced. Was getting ready when I realised that I didn't want to spend (at least) six months having to be careful how I sat and slept and hugged the people I love. I didn't have an appointment booked, so the only thing at stake was my pride.

So, I stayed home. I posted on FB explaining so that I wouldn't have too many questions when I got back into work, then went right back to the TV.

Finally feeling grounded and okay again, and it's great. Oh, and just to make it even better, I got such sweet responses on FB. Feeling touched, relaxed and really looking forward to a long and pain free weekend.

BlueIris, I think we all love posts like that and very welcomed. But we are there are also for the times you might need support. There's no rule book or guide to life and we help each other along the way. x

That does sound like you made a really good decision BI.

Where were you going to have the piercing? Sounds as if it would have inflicted a lot of discomfort but I've never had any so don't know about the no pain/no gain aspect?

On my conch, the thick inner cartilage of the ear. It would have been six months before I could even change the jewellery.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    On my conch, the thick inner cartilage of the ear. It would have been six months before I could even change the jewellery.
    Quite a risky business then? Can't be much fun if it gets infected during the healing process?

Glad that you've had a better day and feel more settled. Obviously the best decision to take.

Exactly, yes, I don't want to be constantly thinking about my ear for all that time. Tattoos are different; the aftercare is less prolonged and the experience can be kind of meditative.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information