Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Not okay right now

Re: Not okay right now

I'm also a (novice) knitter. I taught myself by watching some videos online. I can only really do a garter and a stockinette, but I've created some fun things with those! I made teddy bears for family and I knit a large teddy bear a few years ago right before my nephew was born - I called the bear Magnus, no idea what he calls him

I have a niece due in April so I really need to get some stuff together to make her a bear too. Although I'd really like to see if I could modify my pattern and make a dog instead. I'd love to make her a stuffed Spaniel and call it Chismina haha.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I'm also a (novice) knitter. I taught myself by watching some videos online. I can only really do a garter and a stockinette, but I've created some fun things with those! I made teddy bears for family and I knit a large teddy bear a few years ago right before my nephew was born - I called the bear Magnus, no idea what he calls him

I have a niece due in April so I really need to get some stuff together to make her a bear too. Although I'd really like to see if I could modify my pattern and make a dog instead. I'd love to make her a stuffed Spaniel and call it Chismina haha.
    We have knitting magazines that often come with a kit on the front for animals. Maybe you could see if those would work for you?

My GF once knit the England football team for my desk at work during the World Cup. Just pom poms with felt feet and eyes. One had a mohawk and the manager had felt glasses. My desk looked like it had been invaded by the Tribbles off old Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I used to love knitting in my teens and as a student. I loved choosing wool and knitting patterns in those massive books. Wool shops seem to have died out and it's all online now and downloading patterns...Not the same. I managed to knit a garter stitch scarf 2 years ago but used to create really complicated stuff Before Responsibilities so the enthusiasm is no longer there sadly.
    We've still got some wool shops. A small one in the nearby town that has Singer seeing machines in the window. Remember when all women had those? My mum still has her mother's in our loft.

In the city centre there is a big wool shop. You would love it. They do all sorts of will and yarn crafts.

There are usually market stalls too.

It's so expensive now.

There's still a wool shop in Coventry. I really wish I could knit or crochet, but despite trying I've never acquired the knack.

I'm hugely frustrated by the lack of bead shops in my area, if I want to see what I'm buying I have to travel to Leicester on the world's most cramped bus.

Luckily I mostly work with seed beads now so I generally know enough about what I need to buy online.

There is a definite lack of wool shops here too. There is a little craft wool shop about 12 miles away but even though the wool is beautiful it's very expensive. Not much else except some sometimes in B&M and a small selection in Yorkshire Trading.

I tend to order online from the Wool Warehouse.

BI - I think it was in a place called Aflecks Palace (not sure if that's how you spell it) in Manchester that they had a lovely bead shop, they were so pretty I bought some. That was pre-pandemic though, so not sure if it's there anymore.

I shall look it up. Home today with really violent neck pain, so I have the time.

Did you sleep awkwardly BlueIris? It normally rights itself as the day goes on.

As for wool shops. There is one, actually a craftshop about ten miles from me. But mostly the charity shops are the place to go. There's a lot of keen and brilliant knitters in my area. It's been wonderful seeing the amazing toppers on the postboxes. I'm sure rabbits and chicks will be popping up soon for the spring.

I think it's good to have a craft / hobby.
    I've recently got into reupholstering, lol.

This is shameful, but the noise and breeze from my handheld fan is really soothing to me, so I take it to bed with me. I think I turned away from it last night and had it blowing on the back of my neck.

It's under control right now so long as I don't actually move, but even typing on my phone is pretty painful.

Ahh, causing a draught BlueIris. Yes could well be. This is why people still wear scarves in the springtime.
    Sounds like it could also be your shoulder area. All connected. Try putting a cushion behind your head so it rests in your neck area while sitting on the sofa. And if you wrap up in scarf you can still use your fan.
    I got something similar from having the car window open causing a brisk breeze around my neck area. I always have a scarf with me now.

Just tried to make myself some lunch, but the pain made me nauseous. Think I may have pinched a nerve.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information