Thread: Lots of blood in spit in morning

Lots of blood in spit in morning

when I wake in the mornings I’m generally quite gunky in my mouth so I spit into the sink to clear it before brushing my teeth. Beginning of January I did this one day and there was a lot of blood. I’m not coughing or forcing anything just gently clearing my throat. Went docs and he noticed a few red dots in the roof of my mouth and put it down to those being sore and bleeding. The dots went within a few days and I didn’t think anymore of it.
    forward to Friday morning and when clearing my throat again there was a lot of blood. Very little phlegm, mostly blood. Cleared a couple of times and it stopped. Same on Saturday morning. In a huge panic since Friday morning, but have cleared my throat this morning and it’s clear!
    very confused and can’t quite make out where the blood is coming from. I don’t have sore throat, no cough, I dont feel like I’m clearing from my chest in the morning, just my throat.
    anyone had similar or have any ideas? The fact there’s a lot of blood and it’s bright red is scaring me but the fact it keeps stopping and starting is also strange.

Re: Lots of blood in spit in morning

I know this thread is three months old, so I’m not sure how helpful it’ll be, but it sounds to me like your throat tissues are dried out, likely from indoor heating. In the winter it’s not at all unusual for me to blow my nose in the morning and find that afterward the tissue looks like it was used to clean up a murder scene. Try to stay hydrated and maybe consider a humidifier to counteract the dry air.

Sounds like your mouth is getting dry whilst you’re asleep. Are you a mouth breather at night?

Sounds like your Gums playing up. i get it from time to time. use a very soft tooth brush. visit dentist if on going

Get your Vit D levels checked. My gums were spontaneously bleeding and my blood test came back as deficient in Vit D. Haven't had the problem since I've been using a supplement..

Thread Information