My ear started ringing about 3-5 days ago, and this has made my health anxiety shoot through the roof. I had my first all out panic attack in years and I had forgotten how scary they felt. This lead to all the usual stuff too, tremors, chills, and lack of concentration. The list goes on but I imagine most of you reading this know how it is...anxiety can really make your body freak out.

In the end I went to the doctor, and after checking my ears said he couldn't find anything wrong. No excessive ear wax and my ears looked healthy. I brought up that I had minor TMJ and that my neck muscles were usually tight. He agreed that it could be the cause, but that it was too soon to tell. He said it was most likely temporary and could pass in a few days..

That is when we decided to take a different route and focus on my anxiety. I am already on Sertraline 50 mg, so he decided to put me on propranolol as well for when the anxiety gets really bad. Due to some confusion, I wasn't able to pick up the prescription until here tomorrow morning.

I went home, stuck to my routine and managed to get some sleep. I woke up this morning and my tinnitus was genuinely gone! However...that is when the post panic attack stuff hit me. I started expecting it to come back, checking every now and then to see if I could hear the ringing again. Then there it was...I found it and am now here laying in bed with it once again.

Personally, I feel it is brought on by anxiety. My muscles are tight, and when I yawn my facial muscles cramp a bit. My neck hurts and sometimes I feel pain on my ears. It is tension, it has to be. Yet anxiety...it goes and tries to make you think it is more.

It isn't anything serious. It's not a tumor, and it isn't going to kill me. It will probably be gone again tomorrow morning. I'm anxious it is permanent...but if it was, then wouldn't it actually stay? It went away completely for a bit. Like 100% gone. Anxiety really does suck haha.

I posted this here because I wanted to vent at 1:30 am in the morning. Here is to hoping this will all be behind me soon, just like all the other health scares I have had.