Thread: Lansoprazole 15mg

Exclamation Lansoprazole 15mg

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been here. I have recently lost my husband of 50 years and have just been told that I need another stent in my artery to my heart as it's clogged again so my anxiety is back with a huge bang. I have been put back on a cocktail of pills which is my biggest fear, I just hate drugs. I have to take Clopidigrel, Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Lansoprazole etc etc. It's the Lansoprazole I am concerned about as the leaflet says that dizziness and spinning sensation are common side effects my absolute worst fear of all. Does anyone have any experience of this drug who can put my mind at rest please. I'm guessing it's probably used a lot for anxious people as they get IBS etc. Thank you! Pudding.xx

Re: Lansoprazole 15mg

I'm on lansoprazole. Honestly I've never had any issues with it at all, it's been great for me. I generally take 15mg a day and occasionally up it to 30mg when I go through a phase of increased symptoms - usually as a result of stress/anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
    I have recently lost my husband of 50 years
    My condolences on your loss, Pudding.

It's the Lansoprazole I am concerned about as the leaflet says that dizziness and spinning sensation are common side effects my absolute worst fear of all.
    I don't have any personal experience, but if these potential side-effects worries you then ask your GP to prescribe a proton pump inhibitor which doesn't trigger them.

I'm very sorry for you loss.

Thread Information