I know this thread will probably arouse a fair bit of controversy, but it does now appear that for most people Covid (Omicron variants) is now nothing more than the flu/bad colds.

Of course there's still exceptions I know, but yesterday I was wondering if Omicron Covid could now start being treated like Swine Flu back in 2009, in the sense that there were no lockdowns/restrictions back then, nor did we have to social distance or wear face masks, etc. Also there were no such thing as LFT kits back then either, which are now also ubiquitous.

The only 'restrictions'/measures I really recall back then were infected persons having to self-isolate until they had fully recovered and us having to regularly gel our hands. Apart from those, it was all pretty much a walk in the park compared to Covid, even though Swine Flu seemed pretty damn terrifying for what it was at the time.

Once again, I know I'll probably get shot down in flames over this thread but I still have no intention whatsoever to play down nor trivialise Covid in any way.

Any thoughts?