Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could Covid be treated more like Swine Flu now?

Re: Could Covid be treated more like Swine Flu now?

I didn' know that. It came to my country around September. Yes, you are right, because flu comes later, in November. But I think that strain became dominant so it's now seasonal because we don't have flu whole year. But it can't be compared, it wasn't so lethal.

Sorry to be the bearer of this news but a case of a new strain of Swine Flu was reported in Yorkshire today, but the infected person concerned has actually now recovered.

There is also a strain of a pneumonia-like virus currently reported in China which mostly affects children and the WHO are currently monitoring both viruses (including the Swine Flu in England) and so far they don't appear to believe there's any real cause for alarm at this stage, nor do they believe either 'virus' is likely to escalate into a full-blown pandemic ATM.

But obviously with the recent Covid pandemic still fresh in many people's memories, the WHO keeping a close watch on both 'viruses' in the meantime is basically a no-brainer.

I'm kind of wondering if both 'viruses' are actually one and the same, especially as the 'pneumonia' virus currently in China is mostly affecting children so far, which was largely the same for the 2009 strain of Swine Flu.

But of course only time will tell and there's no point in worrying ourselves sick over it at least until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of this news but a case of a new strain of Swine Flu was reported in Yorkshire today, but the infected person concerned has actually now recovered.

There is also a strain of a pneumonia-like virus currently reported in China which mostly affects children and the WHO are currently monitoring both viruses (including the Swine Flu in England) and so far they don't appear to believe there's any real cause for alarm at this stage, nor do they believe either 'virus' is likely to escalate into a full-blown pandemic ATM.

But obviously with the recent Covid pandemic still fresh in many people's memories, the WHO keeping a close watch on both 'viruses' in the meantime is basically a no-brainer.

I'm kind of wondering if both 'viruses' are actually one and the same, especially as the 'pneumonia' virus currently in China is mostly affecting children so far, which was largely the same for the 2009 strain of Swine Flu.

But of course only time will tell and there's no point in worrying ourselves sick over it at least until further notice.
    Well it seems that nothing really came of that new 'Swine Flu' thing as no further cases were officially reported nor suspected here in Britain.

Nor have we heard anything further about that pneumonia virus in China that there was also a bit of a scare over around the same time back in November.

So obviously a case of 'no news is good news'.

Ditto for the lack of fresh news about Covid itself (bad or good).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information