Thread: Propranolol and anti-depressants

Propranolol and anti-depressants

Hi
    I am taking 80mg of propanolol a day to combat the symptoms of my panic disorder and they are working brilliantly. Now i just have to tackle the depression i feel due to this disorder. At the minute i am so happy that the beta blockers are working but i know i should go back to my gp about my depression. I would like to know if anyone knows if it will be possible for me to take an anti-depressive with the propanolol or if anyone is taking both types of medication.
    Cheers

Re: Propranolol and anti-depressants

Hiya

Yes u can. I have taken both for years. Been taking 80mg propranolol daily for about 10 yrs on and off. Took it with Seroxat for 3 yrs and been taking it with Venlafaxine (Effexor) for about another 3 yrs now.

I find the propanolol great for limiting all the physical crap that comes with panic. The anti-d's are a bit hit and miss for me tbh but I been on pills for so long now I dont really know what I would be like without them so its hard to judge how much good they are doing?

Seroxat and Effexor are similar drugs so I dont know what it would be like to take propanolol with other types of anti-d?

Hope thats helpful anyway

Gabby

I took it with Mirtazapine a few years ago. My understanding is that it can be taken with any anti-ds as it has a different function. Best check with your GP if you're concerned.

Hi there

I am on an anti depressant (Prozac) and recently gone on Propranolol... no problems at all....

Tarsh

Post Re: Propranolol and anti-depressants

Hi I have just read up a couple of comments about being on propanalol?
    two people say that they are on 80mg a day of this,I had found just 40mg a day caused me to be depressed?.At least I thought it did?.
    Can anyone advise me,did they get free of panic on taking of this propanalol? as my Dr will presscribe if I ask him I think again for this I wondered if it did me any good?,as I wasn't sure I am on buspirone and Tripress now> Would like any reply on this topic or buspirone I am on,it makes me feel lightheaded,yet I get around. thanks for reading this bye for now.

Thread Information