Thread: Chronic dizziness/vestibular issues/ migraines/unable to read/text/head pressure

Chronic dizziness/vestibular issues/ migraines/unable to read/text/head pressure

HI lovely people

Do any of you suffer with vestibular issues please? I have always had vertigo on and off but this is different. It started in November and has just got worse, I have been off sick for over a month and no real progress. I am fearful of meds. I have had an MRI waiting for results. I have never felt so depressed and anxious and feel I am at the end of my tether. I live alone have no support and feel so very scared of feeling like this. I have no life at the moment. Does anyone else have these symptoms please? if so can you offer an hope please? I tried vestibular therapy it knocked me off my feet and made me feel so awful. Thank you so much x

Re: Chronic dizziness/vestibular issues/ migraines/unable to read/text/head pressure

Hi there. I have BPPV which is basically positional vertigo. Doesn’t necessarily sound like this is what you have as my attacks pass within 30 minutes or so, but certainly leave me feeling “off” and the anticipatory anxiety is increased for a few days waiting for the next attack. I understand the fear, but as long as you’re under doctors care I wouldn’t worry. They’ve done the scans to rule out anything else, hopefully you’ll have those results soon. I have also done the vestibular therapy and yes, while it does knock you flat at first, the more you can stick with it the more it will help in the end. I also have a pretty big medication fear but anti dizziness/nausea meds really do help. I have a prescription for meclazine that I only take during an attack - it really does make it much more bearable. Best of luck!

Re: Chronic dizziness/vestibular issues/ migraines/unable to read/text/head pressure

Thank you for responding. They think it might be vestibular migraine plus PPPD and some issues with my neck but waiting for clarification. Does meclazine help with dizziness and head pressure please?

It for sure helps with dizziness, yes. I’m not sure about the head pressure as I don’t normally have that.

Thread Information