Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soo scared of gettig covid, i am sure i was around somone with it

soo scared of gettig covid, i am sure i was around somone with it

hi,
    im sooooo scared of getting covid and its the worse time for me to get it, i always get things bad too. and i just got the booster so it wont be working yet. im soooo scared. i need to go on job interviews and i have no money to be sick.

anyways i went to the petrol station late at night.. i guess this guy was like no one will be around, and he was buy cough drops and he was looking at me, and we walked pass each other, i touched the buttons on the money thing, because i needed cash and they guy wait till i left and he was staring at me, im sure he had covid and he knew he wasn't allow out.
    i was wearing a mask and i wipe my hands in the car. but i walk pass him and i don't even thing mask work, it wasn't like n95 which i wish i didn't go. the girls in the shop seem freaked out and the guy watching me leave...... im a 100% sure he had covid. its in my town now. we didnt have it for ages .... i cant get sick and i will get its sooooo bad and i just got my booster
    also how long is the normal time people get covid from been around someone, this guy def had it

Re: soo scared of gettig covid, i am sure i was around somone with it

At risk of sounding like a bitch here…. Get a grip of yourself. The guy absolutely did not ‘deffo have it’ you sound like a moron saying it. I currently am on day 10 of having covid. Was it pleasant ? not particularly no, I had it worse then the rest of my family but here I am still. I am worried about other things now but that is anxiety for you. I am absolutely sick of culture of fear and suspicion that the media and governments have tried to hammer into us about covid. Look at you because a man looked at you and was buying cough drops !!!!! Did no-one buy cough drops before covid no ? Have all the other little bugs in the world magically disappeared ? Walking past someone even if they had covid wouldn’t give you covid. Most doctors agree you need some kind of direct contact with them like a conversation face to face or have spent some time in the same vicinity as them. You walked past a man, whilst wearing a mask, whilst vaccinated. Honestly stop being ridiculous

At risk of sounding like a bitch here…. Get a grip of yourself. The guy absolutely did not ‘deffo have it’ you sound like a moron saying it. I currently am on day 10 of having covid. Was it pleasant ? not particularly no, I had it worse then the rest of my family but here I am still. I am worried about other things now but that is anxiety for you. I am absolutely sick of culture of fear and suspicion that the media and governments have tried to hammer into us about covid. Look at you because a man looked at you and was buying cough drops !!!!! Did no-one buy cough drops before covid no ? Have all the other little bugs in the world magically disappeared ? Walking past someone even if they had covid wouldn’t give you covid. Most doctors agree you need some kind of direct contact with them like a conversation face to face or have spent some time in the same vicinity as them. You walked past a man, whilst wearing a mask, whilst vaccinated. Honestly stop being ridiculous
    That wasn't very fair Sar. If it was as easy as 'get a grip', and 'stop being ridiculous' that would already have been done, and its not acceptable to call people morons. If we had replied to you, on your various health fear threads with 'stop being ridiculous' and 'get a grip', you would have been rightly annoyed. One person feels fear about one thing, another person about something different on this forum - they are all anxiety and fears.

Ashleep, the chances are incredibly incredibly low from this interaction of catching covid, especially as you were masked and used gel etc..... but I recall feeling a bit like you earlier on (a year and a half ago) when someone in a shop was like you described. In the UK it feels like every other person has it right now, and due to vaccinations and it being the Omicron it is so mild most people say its better than your standard cold. I know if you are somewhere where the cases have been really low, the fear factor could be higher - so I'm letting you know that you don't need to have the fear that was abundant a couple of years ago. You are vaccinated,- there are treatments, it is understood and really I can reassure you that you are panicking about something that right now isn't going to do you any harm. The interaction you describe isn't 'being around someone' in the way that would make it easy to catch. You don't definitely know that this was covid, there are plenty of other illnesses doing the rounds and people with conditions they have always had - it could even be that this guy had covid weeks ago and was left with an annoying cough. You are probably around assymptomatic people with covid all the time. All any of us can do is be safe and sensible with our own behaviours.
    Last edited by Carys; 04-02-22 at 15:50.

Gotta agree with Carys here. Sar, your post wasn’t about giving a “helpful dose of rationalism”, it was just out and out hateful. May want to work on your own emotional health at the moment as many of the things you said were uncalled for.

Ashleep I actually have just a run of the mill cold right now. Lots of coughing, phlegm, etc. Have tested negative for Covid. I understand the fear and unease, but you have no way of knowing if this person actually had Covid or just a cold. Also, being vaccinated yourself (even though the booster hasn’t had time to fully kick in yet) you are extremely well protected. Try not to worry unnecessarily.

No no no to the both of you. I’m sorry but it’s just beyond the pale. I have been on this forum for years and I have wrote my own frankly moronic threads myself that I look back on and think wow. I wish someone had actually been like me to me and maybe I would of seen how ridiculous it was. That being said this thread is one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever read. O.P WALKED PAST SOMEONE WHO WAS BUYING COUGH DROPS AND HAPPENED TO LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!! O.p then 100% knows this person has covid. Come onnnnnnnn. A healthy little reality check was needed and if it sounded nasty so be it. I have as I have said been around for years (on and off) and when I read some of these threads and you see the same few people giving advice and comfort to people to not even get replies back or completely ignored in favour of someone else’s reply that is more suited to their current narrative it boils my blood. We all have our own fears and what ticks someone else’s box might not tick another’s but I refuse to be all sweet and fluffy to someone who has walked past an innocent bystander buying bloody cough drops. Also glassgirlw don’t be silly about hateful, irritated and annoyed yes but I hate to contemplate your sensitivity levels if you think that was hateful 🙄 I did actually offer him sound advice about why he/she did not catch the mythical covid off the stranger aswel as giving a serious reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar89 View Post
    No no no to the both of you. I’m sorry but it’s just beyond the pale. I have been on this forum for years and I have wrote my own frankly moronic threads myself that I look back on and think wow. I wish someone had actually been like me to me and maybe I would of seen how ridiculous it was. That being said this thread is one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever read. O.P WALKED PAST SOMEONE WHO WAS BUYING COUGH DROPS AND HAPPENED TO LOOK AT THEM!!!!!!! O.p then 100% knows this person has covid. Come onnnnnnnn. A healthy little reality check was needed and if it sounded nasty so be it. I have as I have said been around for years (on and off) and when I read some of these threads and you see the same few people giving advice and comfort to people to not even get replies back or completely ignored in favour of someone else’s reply that is more suited to their current narrative it boils my blood. We all have our own fears and what ticks someone else’s box might not tick another’s but I refuse to be all sweet and fluffy to someone who has walked past an innocent bystander buying bloody cough drops. Also glassgirlw don’t be silly about hateful, irritated and annoyed yes but I hate to contemplate your sensitivity levels if you think that was hateful 🙄 I did actually offer him sound advice about why he/she did not catch the mythical covid off the stranger aswel as giving a serious reality check.
    Actually the add to that glassgirlw I apologise to you for saying I hate to contemplate your sensitivity levels ect… now that was uncalled for. I just find myself with very little patience lately 🙄

You don’t need to concern yourself about my sensitivity levels I am the least likely person to ever get offended by anything, anytime. I’m sorry you don’t see the honesty in my post. I absolutely agree a reality check was needed. It was your delivery that was unnecessary. I sympathize with your frustration in the repeat poster threads that never seem to take on any of the advice given, but with only 59 posts on our forum here I don’t think Ashleep falls into that category (yet). I don’t get in “virtual” sparring matches so I’ll leave it there and wish you a peaceful and blessed day.

Ashleep I hope you’re feeling better. Once the initial panic recedes and you look back on it, you may be able to see better that you jumped to worst case scenario on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar89 View Post
    Actually the add to that glassgirlw I apologise to you for saying I hate to contemplate your sensitivity levels ect… now that was uncalled for. I just find myself with very little patience lately 
    Theres no need to apologize, Sar. We all have times of very little impatience. When I hit those levels I give myself a bit of a timeout from posting, as I can look back on some of my own past panics and while I see now how unreasonable and off the wall my thinking was, at the time I couldn’t see it. Live and learn I suppose. Have a good day!

You're just coming through the stresses and unpleasantness of covid yourself, Sar so I can appreciate how these types of threads are really frustrating when you are dealing with the reality of the virus.

I always appreciate a reality check myself but we're all different I suppose. Health anxiety is a law unto itself!

I've just read your thread and ....no wonder you are really stressed. I'm so sorry you have had this trauma today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information