Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid positive day 5 and awful sinus congestion

Covid positive day 5 and awful sinus congestion

Has anyone else suffered with awful sinus/nasal congestion - don’t seem to have much of a cough but terrified it is going to go to a cough and progress to something really serious (I am an anxious person with major health anxiety most of time) - have awful headache too since before positive test but aching has eased off since yesterday x I know it is crazy but just looking for some reassurance- thanks

Re: Covid positive day 5 and awful sinus congestion

I have tested negative for Covid however I’ve had some horrid congestion these last few days. I’m doing lots of hot baths, lots of steam - running a humidifier in my bedroom, drinking lots of hot tea and hot bone broths, and slathering up with Vicks vapo rub lol. It can’t last forever but it sure is miserable while it does! I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by shazbog View Post
    Has anyone else suffered with awful sinus/nasal congestion - don’t seem to have much of a cough but terrified it is going to go to a cough and progress to something really serious (I am an anxious person with major health anxiety most of time) - have awful headache too since before positive test but aching has eased off since yesterday x I know it is crazy but just looking for some reassurance- thanks
    Hi I am on day 10 of covid. Actually a lot better now but about day 4/5 the congestion set In. I didn’t have any cough and still don’t, the congestion has mainly cleared up. I do feel a bit breathless and ended up talking to my doctor this morning and she said to me that apparently is completely normal. I had the same fear as you but so far I am not on a ventilator and have infact tested negative today (finally) you will be fine just take it easy and don’t be surprised if your symptoms change day by day. Sarah

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you Sar89 for your reply - I’m
    Just so scared it will turn to the cough and then lead to severe cough and breathing issues - I know I need to calm
    Down but so difficult when you are a worrier

YES!!! My son and his gf had covid at Christmas. He had such horrible sinus congestion, he tried a couple of different medications which did nothing, I bought him vicks crystals to put in the bathtub to help him while he soaked in the bath. Nothing helped. I really thought he had a sinus infection. He wouldn't call the Dr and eventually it cleared up but wow it was bad.

Nancy it is just the most awful thing - sure that is why headache won’t let up too - just totally freaked as think I will get a cough too - hoping that as tomorrow day 6 on the downward end of it now x but scared x

Quote Originally Posted by shazbog View Post
    Nancy it is just the most awful thing - sure that is why headache won’t let up too - just totally freaked as think I will get a cough too - hoping that as tomorrow day 6 on the downward end of it now x but scared x
    Positive that's why you have a headache. How are you feeling today?

NancyW feeling a lot more human today tomorrow is a week since I come in from work and felt total rubbish so defo hoping to be on the mend - sinus still very congested but headache eased a bit but have done day 5 and 6 tests which are still very strong positives so thinking I’ll be in isolation for the entire 10 days x thank you for asking

My son was 10 days too, he was worried they would make him go back at 5 days he was not ready at all. Even went he went back on day 11, he still had some lingering symptoms and felt weak.

You're going to be ok :-)

And you've got some butt kickin' natural antibodies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information