Thread: Struggling with feeling emotionally numb

Struggling with feeling emotionally numb

I switched to Lexapro from Citalopram about 10 months ago. I was taking 10 mg but this was increased to 15mg in December of 2021. This was due to increase in anxiety and OCD and I have absolutely hit burn out as my job is pretty stressful.

I was signed off work last Monday as I explained how much I was struggling with feeling overwhelmed and anxious.

I’m currently finding I am numb and don’t really care about anything, including feeling apathetic to life in general. Sometimes I’m fine and others I’m so low and empty I contemplate calling Samaritans or similar for someone to talk to as it is nearly always late ag night!

My question is after 6 weeks of an increased dose should I not be feeling better? Or is it normal to feel like this?

Re: Struggling with feeling emotionally numb

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionwhispers View Post
    I was taking 10 mg but this was increased to 15mg in December of 2021.

My question is after 6 weeks of an increased dose should I not be feeling better? Or is it normal to feel like this?
    6 weeks is about when antidepressants typically begin to have a positive impact when first taking them, or after dose increases, but there is a fairly long range, anywhere between 4-12 weeks.

Thread Information