Ok so lately my rabies fears have been cropping up more and more lately. I haven't been getting enough sleep so I think I'm more on edge.

Anyways I was walking to the subway station after work right before sunset and I felt something press against my butt. Rationally I think it was my wallet getting stuck weird in my back pocket and poking my butt. I didn't feel a punch or a sharp poke, more like something getting caught and pressing against my butt cheek. I felt behind me, adjusted my wallet and went down the stairs but I was getting really anxious thinking a bat latched onto my pants.

I'm trying to calm myself down and not assume it was a ninja bat. I doubt a bat would have swooped down in downtown LA, crawled on my butt without me feeling it crawl, bite me and then leave a second or two later. I was listening to music pretty loud though so my anxiety is making memory that I was not aware of my surroundings.

I didn't even feel a pin prick or something like that. It felt like something was pushing into my butt cheek, like the corner of my wallet or something. Well now the area feels irritated because I used hand sanitizer to see if it would burn or anything. I feel so stupid. I know this whole story sounds crazy but I am in a real mental funk right now. Please tell me I am just being anxious and not to run like an idiot to a doctor who will not give me the shots anyways. If it was this easy to get bitten by a bat I feel like wayyyy more people would be having rabies. Why do I always assume bat and not anything else? Ugh