Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24/7 Pounding Heart / Health Anxiety ?

24/7 Pounding Heart / Health Anxiety ?

I'm posting this to see if anyone else had these symptoms and it is genuinely anxiety (which I find hard to believe) I am 12 weeks postpartum pregnancy wasn't too bad labour was horrific lost more blood and ever since then not felt well. I have had so many symptoms it's unreal, I have visited er prob around 20 times only thing they ever find is slightly high blood pressure and high heart rate. I've had numerous ecgs, bloods, chest xrays. Everyone I visit say anxiety. My worst most scariest of my symptoms is my heart, constantly feels like it's beating so hard I can feel it everywhere and even see it in my chest and belly it moves my clothes constantly my fat wobbles with it. I lay down and can feel it everywhere it's draining the life out of me, I just want to be back to normal.. does anyone else have this? Only thing docs found so far is iron deficiency not anemia. Thanks x

Re: 24/7 Pounding Heart / Health Anxiety ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lj12 View Post
    Everyone I visit say anxiety.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm posting this to see if anyone else had these symptoms and it is genuinely anxiety (which I find hard to believe) I am 12 weeks postpartum pregnancy wasn't too bad labour was horrific lost more blood and ever since then not felt well. I have had so many symptoms it's unreal, I have visited er prob around 20 times only thing they ever find is slightly high blood pressure and high heart rate. I've had numerous ecgs, bloods, chest xrays. Everyone I visit say anxiety. My worst most scariest of my symptoms is my heart, constantly feels like it's beating so hard I can feel it everywhere and even see it in my chest and belly it moves my clothes constantly my fat wobbles with it. I lay down and can feel it everywhere it's draining the life out of me, I just want to be back to normal.. does anyone else have this? Only thing docs found so far is iron deficiency not anemia. Thanks x
    Post partum can be an absolute nightmare for many women. It doesn’t only have to be depression - it can absolutely manifest as anxiety - which can then cause the elevated blood pressure, pounding heart, etc. It sounds as though you’ve had all the necessary tests to rule out something serious, so the tough part now is convincing yourself that this is anxiety, triggered by some massive hormone shifts after giving birth. I’m sorry, I know it’s not easy. Try to enjoy these early days of motherhood and not focus as much on all the anxiety symptoms. Distraction is often a good tool for controlling anxiety! And you have a pretty big distraction at your disposal

As glassgirl says both your body and mind go through some incredible changes after you've had a baby. I really struggled after having my son.

Talk to your GP about some help with the symptoms of anxiety, he may suggest some medication, he might refer you for counselling. Also try and find out about some mother and baby groups in your area, even with my anxiety it really helped me getting out and about when my son was tiny.

I know it probably feels like this can't be just anxiety, but honestly, it can and it can be very scary. You can get through this, it just takes a little time.

Thankyou for your replies I'm at the GPS today hoping for some medication. It really freaks me out the heartbeat does yours do it? I cry everyday because I just want to be back to my nornal self. Labour was abit traumatic as I thought I was going to die x

What does fmp mean lol

What does fmp mean lol
    What I mean is everyone is right, especially after all the er visits! No doubt you're feeling symptoms as your body and mind adjust to giving birth (congrats btw!) but you're hyper-focusing on normal bodily functions and anomalies and making mountains out of molehills.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Ahh right thankyou! The most disturbing is constant seeing my tshirt and belly move along with my heart beat wish I could forget about it. I'm pretty sure an ecg would pick up any heart problems it's so horrible feeling 😔

I'm pretty sure an ecg would pick up any heart problems it's so horrible feeling 
    I've had two heart attacks. I can assure you it would have picked up any issues

FMP

Visible pulse constantly Chest belly

So worried about my heart. Can constantly see it beating in my stomach and chest. It does not go away. It shakes my belly and boobs. I feel my pulse everywhere its really disturbing me. Its constantly pounding not a minutes break from it. Can anyone relate does anyone else have this? I'm scared I have heart disease or heart failure 😔

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information