Hello all

So I decided to talk to a GP today about my anxiety and medication I am on (Fluoxetine 20mg). The doctor did talk me through my anxiety and sent me a self help guide which I will start he also gave prescribed me new medication, this is where things confusing. I am also most certain he said on the phone he was going to give me citalopram (up to 3 a day) in combination with the fluoxetine, although when I picked up the meds form the chemist and opened them when I got home (there were in a bag) I saw propranolol 40mg which confused me, as this is a bet a blocker to treat heart problems. I do know it can be used for anxiety and thats what it does say on the pack (one to be taken up to 3 a day). Maybe I picked the doctor up wrong (was a phone call) but I do not feel comfortable using this or should I just use it. I am very certain he said citalopram.

Thanks

Edit: maybe the doctor was right as it says this on the NHS website (as well as the sticker on the back of my tablets):
  • anxiety – 40mg taken once a day which can be increased to 40mg taken 3 times a day