Thread: Fear of meds phobia of side effects - Amytriptilline for vestibular migraine

Fear of meds phobia of side effects - Amytriptilline for vestibular migraine

I have a phobia of meds and taking them due to side effects. I am really suffering with symptoms of vestibular migraine which has taken over my life I am so unwell. I have been prescribed Amytriptilline but i am too scared to take them. A low dose of 10 starting with 5. Can anyone reassure me, I am frozen in fear and feel i have no control...

Re: Fear of meds phobia of side effects - Amytriptilline for vestibular migraine

Quote Originally Posted by sammiej123 View Post
    I have been prescribed Amytriptilline but i am too scared to take them. A low dose of 10 starting with 5. Can anyone reassure me, I am frozen in fear and feel i have no control...
    Amitriptyline is an antidepressant which is also prescribed at low doses for migraine and other nerve pain such as diabetic neuropathy. The usual dose range for depression is 75-150mg (up to 300mg for hospital inpatients), so 5mg is a minute dose. You're more likely to hurt yourself getting it out of the packet than from taking it.

Thread Information