Thread: itchy skin

itchy skin

Hey All

I have a pretty severe itch, its on both forearms and under my right armpit. comes and goes and its annoying. I use moisturiser and it stops it for a bit, but usually comes back

It's usually in the same spot all the time. both forearms, under armpit and sometimes on my back.. and my hair is itchy aswell

is this related to anxiety? I have a mole thats about to be biopsied ( he said it looks ok but ugly duckling )

I'm worried its skin cancer which has spread to my liver, as liver issues cause itchiness

anyone else have weird itching?

Re: itchy skin

Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post
    anyone else have weird itching?
    I've had an itchy back for a couple of decades now. Lets put it this way, I have back scratchers strategically placed around the house as it can be and is that annoying. Lately, since late October of last year, there's been a spot on my upper left shoulder that has been annoyingly itchy 24/7. I have a prescription cream that helps a little but its getting to the point that I'm probably going to call the doctor/dermatologist and have him take a look. I have the feeling its a combination of age, dry skin (it is Winter after all) and nerve issues as this could be part of the nerve issues I've had since cancer treatment. Yeah, there are more sinister reasons but I'm not the type to jump to or mull over worst case scenarios.

If you're getting relief with the cream, I'd certainly lean toward nothing serious and from what I understand, yes, stress and anxiety can be a cause as well.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information