Thread: Breast tingling and pain on one side

Breast tingling and pain on one side

Some of you may remember I posted in December after having slight breast pain on one side, then having spontaneous discharge on the same side. I was able to quickly get in for a mammogram and ultrasound and got a clean bill of health. I was so relieved!

But for the past week or more I’ve had lots of tingling (letdown feeling/cold feeling), and more recently achiness and pain in the same breast. The tingling/coldness is weird - like if it were any other body part I would think it’s a pinched nerve, but of course with my breast I immediately think of cancer. I nearly have myself convinced it’s actually IBC that just didn’t show up on the scans of only 2 months ago. I haven’t noticed any visual changes like redness or orange peel texture, but my breast does feel heavy or full (or maybe that’s because I’m focusing on it and worried about it…)

I am 45 and likely perimenopausal, so I’m hoping this is due to random hormone changes? Does anyone else get similar symptoms? I’ve also found my shoulder and back on that side to be achy recently…which of course makes me think it’s spreading quickly while I try to ignore it. Bah.

Any thoughts or experience to share?

Re: Breast tingling and pain on one side

I've had exactly the same for about a month now - had an on-line GP consult who prescribed antibiotics as thought to be an infection/mastitis - nearly at the end of the course but I'm still feeling it. Are you still getting the problem?

Re: Breast tingling and pain on one side

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    I've had exactly the same for about a month now - had an on-line GP consult who prescribed antibiotics as thought to be an infection/mastitis - nearly at the end of the course but I'm still feeling it. Are you still getting the problem?
    I am, it is very often on again, and very unsettling. I made an appointment with my OB/GYN for my annual exam and will talk to her about it, but that is not for another month. Meanwhile, trying not to freak out. But we also just decided to move, so I am in the middle of decluttering and packing up my house, and of course worried that I’m going to sell, only to find out there’s something terribly wrong with me and I actually need to stay for treatment. Grrrr …

Do try to remember to come back and let me know how you are doing in a bit as well. I will update once I talk to my doctor.

Thread Information