Hello good people .

I'm a long term anxiety sufferer and have lived and coped with it since a child but I'm suffering with a symptom that I'm finding hard to ignore and don't know if it's something I am doing.

I had an endoscopy early last year as I've been suffering from acid reflux for many years. They found that I had a small hietus hernia and 4 duodenal ulcers. I've been on all sorts of PPIs over the years and was put back on Lansoprazole. I had another endoscopy at the end of last year and the ulcers had healed but I was told I now had polyps most likely due to the PPIs, the hospital discharged me saying that I didn't need any further attention. What I'm finding just lately is that I feel like I have food travelling down my osophagus every time I swallow or the feeling that I've swallowed a pill and find that I'm tensing my throat and overswallowing which I think is making it worse. It seems to be accompanied by a spasm between my shoulder blades. I have a really painful upper back in general due to bad posture and a couple of falls down the stairs so I'm used to a painful back and a crunchy neck when I turn my head. I'm sure the 2 endoscopy procedures would have showed anything sinister as I had a bout of this when having one of the procedures. My GP never really seems interested if I call with these sorts of symptoms, I'm sure they just see anxiety mentioned on your notes and ignore most things that could be related!

Can anyone else relate to this sensation?

Thanks for reading .

Mark