Thread: Tested Positive - Only had one jab

Tested Positive - Only had one jab

Tested positive a few hours ago. Ran the same liquid from a nasal swab on two different lateral flow cassettes - both faint positive lines.

Early days but knew something was up when I had a headache and then fever and sore throat In last few hours.

Only had 1 jab (Pfizer) 6 weeks ago.

Suffer from Brutal health anxiety, 36 years old, couple of Kg overweight, been diagnosed with pericarditis in the past.

Worried I could end up on a ventilator or worse because I only had the one jab. If anyone has any advice or words I'd appreciate it.

Re: Tested Positive - Only had one jab

You've had one jab so that will give you some protection and the current strain is much milder so you are much less likely to become seriously ill.

Rest plenty, take painkillers when you need to and try and keep your mind busy.

Everyone I know that has had this strain has gotten over it okay. I had the Delta strain last year and that's worse and I still got through that with no vaccinations back then.

I've only had one of my Covid jabs as well so far. I know it's a worry but this strain isn't as bad. My partners friend had it a month ago, he felt off for a few days to a week, headache, fever and sore throat, but he quickly got over it. I think the advice above is the best thing that you can do, rest, take painkillers, vitamins if you have them and keep your mind busy and you'll be fine.

Thanks to all who responded. Quick update from me. Day 5.5 now, getting some chest pain and burning in chest.

My partner test positive two days ago and had to go into hospital day one because of some awful gastrointestinal symptoms. I've been pretty much running around alot cleaning and doing stuff but I really need to stop.

Fever still around, but it's the chest pains and chest burning that worries me alot as that can develop into something serious. Speaking to a doctor tonight.

As some with health anxiety, this is one of the hardest things I have ever done, because I'm very scared of catching the other Omircon variant ON TOP of this one, or worried I'm not gonna be able to fully recover, it's nearly day 6, I can't say I feel much better.

With health anxiety /OCD I want to avoid things like touching packages from outside, or, coming into contact with other people's clothes that they have been ill in etc etc, but right now I just can't avoid it, and that's what makes it tough.

Update: On day 9 I tested positive with a very faint line. So hoping the viral load has got less. It's now day 12 I haven't taken another test. I'm assuming it will be negative.

Lost 4kg In under 2 weeks. Just trying to keep it off, I gained that weight during lockdown.

Looking back, I had covid VERY mild, I had a temperature that topped out at 38.0c, a headache and that was pretty much it. Very grateful to have minimal coughing, sneezing. My partner got it bad so I was up and about on day 2 looking after them.

Thanks to this forum, I have been reading it for years and I'm leaving an update for any others In the same situation. It's not over, yet, I'm still nowhere near 100% and haven't been to the loo properly in a week. So still issues, but yea.

One thing I will say. In addition to getting a single dose of Pfizer that may have helped, I loaded up on vitamin d months In advance. 4,000IU per day and before and during I loaded up on zinc and vit c vitamins.

I would say it would help for people to get their body ready by making sure they aren't deficient.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysWorried7 View Post
    Update: On day 9 I tested positive with a very faint line. So hoping the viral load has got less. It's now day 12 I haven't taken another test. I'm assuming it will be negative.

Lost 4kg In under 2 weeks. Just trying to keep it off, I gained that weight during lockdown.

Looking back, I had covid VERY mild, I had a temperature that topped out at 38.0c, a headache and that was pretty much it. Very grateful to have minimal coughing, sneezing. My partner got it bad so I was up and about on day 2 looking after them.

Thanks to this forum, I have been reading it for years and I'm leaving an update for any others In the same situation. It's not over, yet, I'm still nowhere near 100% and haven't been to the loo properly in a week. So still issues, but yea.

One thing I will say. In addition to getting a single dose of Pfizer that may have helped, I loaded up on vitamin d months In advance. 4,000IU per day and before and during I loaded up on zinc and vit c vitamins.

I would say it would help for people to get their body ready by making sure they aren't deficient.
    Hope you get better soon.

I think the thought of getting Covid can often be much more scary than the real thing itself, but luckily for most people, Omicron (both versions) seems to be the least harmful variant so far.

Not quite sure about Deltacron though, as barely anything appears to have been mentioned so far about its actual severity and effects, despite it actually being around since about December-January, albeit at very low levels thus far.

Glad you're starting to feel better, hang on in there it will pass.

Thread Information