Thread: night sweats

night sweats

Good morning,

i am currently experiencing night sweats, on and off. this has been happening for about 6 weeks. 4 weeks ago i went to the doctor, who was not concerned, but i still had a full bloodwork done, everything came back normal. this morning i woke up with my t shirt still damp. should i pursue more tests as i am going crazy and freaking out.

thanks for your time.

Re: night sweats

You need to trust the doctor .

Do you consume alcohol or a lot of garlic? I always get night sweats when I eat to much garlic.

No, I do not consume alcohol or garlic. I am also having chills but lately I noticed that my food intake is very low, and I am not taking in more than 1300kcal.

Last blood test, 4 weeks ago, had my blood glucose at 7mmol/l. My mind is telling me that I have pancreatic cancer as I also suffer from acid reflux. This together with the night sweats and chills could be an indicator of the sickness. Also my weight has gone down a 1 to 2 kilos.....

Totally freaking out.

Do not freak out. You had a blood test at the doctor and he/she said it was fine. Stress also can cause night sweats. Did you talk with your doctor about your night sweats?

I've read hundreds of similar posts through the years. I know what you're fearing and I can tell you first hand that a damp t shirt does not qualify as a night sweat. When you wake up and the pillow and sheets are soaked to the point that you can wring them out, that's a night sweat. As stated, stress can be a contributor as well as just too many covers. And some, just have a propensity to perspire a bit during the night.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I would like to thank both of you for taking time to reply to my concerns. Thanks a lot. It means so much to me!

I regularly wake up with a damp shirt. And it’s almost always due to my environment - too many blankets, too warm in the room, etc. Try to rationalize. I agree with FMP - damp shirts aren’t anything close to a night sweat.

Thread Information