Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Condensation

Condensation

I’ve had some water inside my window I used a hair dyer to get rid but it came back been a bit worried I may have to replace the glass or new windows is it something which may go away or I fear it could get worse?

Re: Condensation

How old are the windows? Double glazed or single glazed? PVC/Timber/Aluminium frames at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    How old are the windows? Double glazed or single glazed? PVC/Timber/Aluminium frames at the moment?
    Indeed. More information is required.

Maybe 25 years and they are double glazed wooden ones.

I presume the condensation is on inner pane inside the house, not inside the double glazing?

I presume the condensation is on inner pane inside the house, not inside the double glazing?
    Yes that’s correct

If it's just one pane, you could replace that pane only, and it may solve the problem for a short while, but I doubt it will long term. Plenty of 'glass doctors' out there do single panes, you could require some new beads to hold it in with them being timber windows. Round my way (for PVC, timber will be slightly dearer), budget £100-150.

I assume your house is a new build style? If so, I would start to have a look at some new windows (not timber unless you're feeling flush and are prepared to maintain them).

I had old wooden windows in my old flat spent two and a half grand replacing them a few years ago before I moved. Was a nightmare getting the window sills painted after the glue would stick and the paint wouldn’t take to it. I think it was mostly mess free but it took about 3 days work. The wooden ones require painting. Even if I get UPVC I have wooden guttering under the roof which may require regular painting.

If you are on about the fascia and soffit the gutters attach to, you can get pvc versions now.

If you are on about the fascia and soffit the gutters attach to, you can get pvc versions now.

Yes that’s it and that’s useful to know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information