Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Empty pumps

Re: Empty pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Is that what 99 dollars 76 cents (2008 oil) and 4 dollars 32 cents (2008 gas) are in today's money, or the actual prices as quoted at the time? (N.B, I don't have the dollar symbol on my smartphone).

Strange how the March 2022 oil prices are quoted as lower than those of June 2008, but the reverse is true for the corresponding gasoline (petrol) prices.

Also is this worldwide or mostly specific to the USA?
    The prices were at the time and its specific to the US. All the stats are on eia.gov. You can see oil production stats, prices etc. That's where I gathered the info concerning production and imports/exports.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The prices were at the time and its specific to the US. All the stats are on eia.gov. You can see oil production stats, prices etc. That's where I gathered the info concerning production and imports/exports.

FMP
    Inevitably the 2008 prices, as quoted as they actually were at the time, will be greater in today's money though.

That was also during the time of the Global Financial Crisis, of course.

Inevitably the 2008 prices, as quoted as they actually were at the time, will be greater in today's money though.

That was also during the time of the Global Financial Crisis, of course.
    Still... Just saying...

Profits in 2021...

Exxon - $23 BILLION!
    Shell - $19.3 BILLION
    Chevron - $15.6 BILLION!
    BP - 12.8 BILLION!

And they need more? Rising gas prices are their choice and we're the ones taking it in the rear! They don't have to do this. They want to. Is it any different than what the pharmaceutical companies are doing with drugs like insulin and other meds?

"There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Prices aren’t too terrible here in Kansas, $3.79 unleaded this morning. My parents are in Southern California and they paid almost $6.00 for unleaded. Craziness. No shortages that I’ve heard of though.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    No shortages that I’ve heard of though.
    Again, at least in the US, that's true. eia.gov. look at the stats and production. Little or nothing has changed so why the increase?

FMP

Again, at least in the US, that's true. eia.gov. look at the stats and production. Little or nothing has changed so why the increase?

FMP
    Sounds like blatant greed and sheer exploitation of crises to me.

Sounds like blatant greed and sheer exploitation of crises to me.
    Which was the point in my initial post.

FMP

FMP
    oh, I don’t disagree. This is the pattern that always follows anything major happening around the world. Someone is making money, but it’s not most of us.

Same over here,they are thieves.Our oil “supposedly” comes from Singapore go figure
    You can drive down the road and see different price gouging,the bloody gov gets 44cents a litre they say it’s for road improvements BS,we pay a ridiculous amount to register our cars and our highways are nothing more than goat tracks.
    Rant done.

We tend to think about filling up our cars but what of all the oil used in industry? There is a further knock on effect to those power industries that use it at a time of volatility.

My GF, in speaking about Russia, said you know things are bad when Shell and BP are getting all moral.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information