Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear of getting COVID again

Fear of getting COVID again

Anyone else got it in the past and now scared to leave the house?

I try to leave as little as possible because of my fear. I got COVID early January and it really knocked me out :(
    Im 28 and at that point I didn’t have my booster shot. I’m also still waiting to get it and my my appointment the first week of April.

On Monday I had to go out and do a return at the postal office. I had my mask on and there was quite a few people inside. There was a family of 3 at the front desk, a lady in front of me without a mask, but standing 5ft in front, and a boy behind me standing 5ft behind. We had to wait around 20-25 mins because whatever the store owner was doing with the family up front was taking long.

Ever since that experience I’ve had terrible anxiety about catching COVID again. I’m terrified because we were in that small space for 25 minutes at least, although spaced apart.

I tested yesterday and I am negative. But I’m still afraid and it’s making my anxiety go crazy this week. :(

Re: Fear of getting COVID again

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Anyone else got it in the past and now scared to leave the house?

I try to leave as little as possible because of my fear. I got COVID early January and it really knocked me out :(
    Im 28 and at that point I didn’t have my booster shot. I’m also still waiting to get it and my my appointment the first week of April.

On Monday I had to go out and do a return at the postal office. I had my mask on and there was quite a few people inside. There was a family of 3 at the front desk, a lady in front of me without a mask, but standing 5ft in front, and a boy behind me standing 5ft behind. We had to wait around 20-25 mins because whatever the store owner was doing with the family up front was taking long.

Ever since that experience I’ve had terrible anxiety about catching COVID again. I’m terrified because we were in that small space for 25 minutes at least, although spaced apart.

I tested yesterday and I am negative. But I’m still afraid and it’s making my anxiety go crazy this week. :(
    If you catch Covid again it will probably be Omicron BA.2, which for the vast majority is nothing more than an ordinary cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    If you catch Covid again it will probably be Omicron BA.2, which for the vast majority is nothing more than an ordinary cold.
    That’s what everyone said about omicron and it definitely wasn’t “just a cold.”

I would get your booster asap, apparently you’re so much more protected.

I think people who had it badly are nervous of getting it again. It doesn’t mean you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I would get your booster asap, apparently you’re so much more protected.

I think people who had it badly are nervous of getting it again. It doesn’t mean you will.
    My doctor had told me to wait 3 months so I have my appointment in April. Luckily I work from home and don’t go out much at all.

Yeah that’s exactly it! Im so nervous about getting it again. It’s been almost 3 months and I’m still not 100% :(

So I would try and think logically.
    You likely had a nastier variant.
    The milder variants have now mostly taken over.
    You will be full of antibodies now, so even if you caught it again without your booster, you’d already be *boosted*.
    Once you have the booster you’ll be even more protected.

You are young, don’t make yourself housebound when you don’t need to be. I did this to myself and it makes me so sad seeing others doing it too.

You will be full of antibodies now, so even if you caught it again without your booster, you’d already be *boosted*.

You are young, don’t make yourself housebound when you don’t need to be. I did this to myself and it makes me so sad seeing others doing it too.
    Thank you so much for talking some sense into me. I definitely think I had a nastier virus load. I just hope there’s enough antibodies in me as it’s been a 2 months and a half since. I decided to do another test today and it was negative as well.

I keep gagging and heaving because my anxiety is so high and it’s slightly irritating my throat. Which made me question if it was due to that or the virus. My brain needs to stop overthinking so much. It’s so sad but I prefer to stay home than come back and have terrible anxiety after going out. :(
    I’m an introvert so it doesn’t really bother me spending time at home.

You're probably right Scass. In the USA back in early January there was still plenty of (late) Delta in circulation, and I think I read that they were a bit behind the UK and much of mainland Europe at the time in respect of Omicron domination, so it's still quite plausible that Anxious Thoughts had Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Thank you so much for talking some sense into me. I definitely think I had a nastier virus load. I just hope there’s enough antibodies in me as it’s been a 2 months and a half since. I decided to do another test today and it was negative as well.

I keep gagging and heaving because my anxiety is so high and it’s slightly irritating my throat. Which made me question if it was due to that or the virus. My brain needs to stop overthinking so much. It’s so sad but I prefer to stay home than come back and have terrible anxiety after going out. :(
    I’m an introvert so it doesn’t really bother me spending time at home.
    I’m an introvert too, but there’s a difference between choosing to stay at home and being scared to go out.

Have you ever received any help for your anxiety?

I totally relate to that. I'm fortunate enough to have not had Covid (yet), but I'm really worried about catching it because of the albeit small risk of developing long Covid. This would be absolutely disastrous for me. Not that anyone would want long Covid but my training is my therapy and has been for a very long time. I need to be fit.

It upsets me when I see groups of people behaving as if everything's normal, and with no recognition of the fact that there are those who don't feel similarly (i.e. they don't keep their distance, even if asked politely to do so). There's been officially an outbreak of CV19 at my daughter's school and yet others seem utterly oblivious. Which means that the school run is fraught anyway, since we walk some of it. But this morning another parent lambasted me because I'd told my daughter to steer clear of unmasked people. Apparently this attitude/behaviour makes others feel uncomfortable (?!)

It feels like the world has gone mad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information