Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Re: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Nobody slags off more things on here than you, Lenco.

If you never do anything any different, how can you expect things to change?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nobody slags off more things on here than you, Lenco.

If you never do anything any different, how can you expect things to change?
    Because hardly anybody else wants to change (not necessarily on here).

It seems that nowadays nearly everyone feels compelled to 'play it safe' and stick with the 'same old same old'!

I mean, where's the originality now?
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 25-04-22 at 12:23.

Going to stop being snarky because that's unkind of me. Are you having a rough time right now?

Going to stop being snarky because that's unkind of me. Are you having a rough time right now?
    Like many others of late, I'm disillusioned with the state of the world right now, and my perception that many people simply appear to have given up caring about many issues with a 'yeah, but so what' kind of attitude.

Many often appear to use 'red tape' as a kind of smokescreen in order to justify doing nothing to address issues, and of course, the seemingly relentless 'blame' culture!

Okay, next question: what are you doing to change the things that are stressing you out?

Okay, next question: what are you doing to change the things that are stressing you out?
    Well there isn't an awful lot I can do right now.

Doesn't mean you can't use the energy you spend complaining on doing something more constructive. Stop focusing on the things that annoy you and look for things that bring you joy instead.

Spreading negativity does nobody any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well there isn't an awful lot I can do right now.
    If you do not like something and you can change it, do so.

If something cannot be changed (because it's beyond your control) then you still have the choice to change/adapt your attitude.

This constant focusing on things that piss you off only serves to keep you in a state of negativity, anxiety, and unhappiness. Every time you go looking for this crap, you feed the negativity. Every time you post about it on here, you're feeding the negativity. You are constantly triggering yourself and I know from personal experience how damaging this kind of behaviour can be. It's hurting you on an emotional and mental level, and because the stress response is triggered by your negative thoughts - a physical one too.

What types of things make you happy, Lenco?

I'm going to do some exercise then dust off my paint set (It's been a few years) and see what I can create. No more internet for me today. No news. I'm choosing to limit the negativity that hits my brain and this is self-care.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I'm going to do some exercise then dust off my paint set (It's been a few years) and see what I can create. No more internet for me today. No news. I'm choosing to limit the negativity that hits my brain and this is self-care.
    Sounds like a good idea Nora.

I've felt a bit happier today as Tuesdays (and Thursdays) are my day centre day(s) and we have been doing interesting things there today.

I think the boredom of being stuck at home on other days makes me more depressed and I can often lack motivation on such occasions.

I think I'm still suffering from 'lockdown blues', in spite of our last lockdown ending just over a year ago, plus I've had a lot of bad stomach pains and symptoms of IBS over the past few days, which has contributed further to me feeling on a downer.

But surely things will soon get better again.

I expect you need more structure and routine on the days when you're not at your Day Centre...Boredom and nothing to do other than watch the news/monitor online forums is guaranteed to bring you down. What would you choose to do if you could do anything you wanted to when you don't have the Day Centre to occupy you?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information