Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Re: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sounds like a good idea Nora.
    As it was, by the time I'd done my bits of housework I was too knackered to do anything else but me and the pooch spent a pleasant couple of hours on the sofa where she was hogging the majority of the heated blanket lol

I've felt a bit happier today as Tuesdays (and Thursdays) are my day centre day(s) and we have been doing interesting things there today.
    Excellent. What kind of things do you do there?

I think the boredom of being stuck at home on other days makes me more depressed and I can often lack motivation on such occasions.
    I struggle to motivate myself when I'm depressed too but I don't always know that I am. Sometimes it's a case of only realising (or being told) that I haven't left the house for over a week that I understand I'm in a funk.

Would it be possible for you to do more than two days at the day centre?

I think I'm still suffering from 'lockdown blues', in spite of our last lockdown ending just over a year ago, plus I've had a lot of bad stomach pains and symptoms of IBS over the past few days, which has contributed further to me feeling on a downer.
    IBS currently kicking my arse too. I rely on my heat pad for tummy pain. It really helps. Also, maybe watch what you're eating and drinking for a few days so your system can settle down? I go with fresh soups to help my guts settle down. Also, try Buscomint and mint tea. Both are excellent with abdo pain.

Re lockdown blues, I think I am having the blues because things are back to normal. The social distancing and limiting people in shops suited me. I'd rather it wasn't because there was a pandemic going on, it feels wrong for me to have found a positive in such a terrible time? It was nice having my kid at home too. My husband, not so good. At the end of week one of lockdown I was fantasising about locking him (or myself) in the shed. HE DID MY HEAD IN! (and this doesn't bode well for his retirement)

But surely things will soon get better again.
    Life ebbs and flows. Nothing stays the same, so yes things will get better but there are things you can do to help yourself too..

What are your interests? Mine are music, photography, art, knitting, reading (that's getting harder these days) gardening (ditto) but I like pottering about in my back yard listening to the birdies..

Reminds me, I need to get my holiday photos off my camera and onto my phone. I always edit my pictures as cameras have never been able to replicate how my brain perceives things, but thanks to editing apps I can achieve this now.

Nora, may I be honest with you for a moment?

Lockdown? I felt guilty as well but in lots of ways it was heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nora, may I be honest with you for a moment?

Lockdown? I felt guilty as well but in lots of ways it was heaven.
    I would have been in complete heaven if it hadn't have been for having been forced into a confined situation with my husband 24/7. I'm not designed for that level of stress Blue.

Aw. Pete and I have lived in a 1-bed apartment for about 20 years now. It's not perfect. but we've devised ways of not getting on one another's nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    As it was, by the time I'd done my bits of housework I was too knackered to do anything else but me and the pooch spent a pleasant couple of hours on the sofa where she was hogging the majority of the heated blanket lol

Excellent. What kind of things do you do there?

I struggle to motivate myself when I'm depressed too but I don't always know that I am. Sometimes it's a case of only realising (or being told) that I haven't left the house for over a week that I understand I'm in a funk.

Would it be possible for you to do more than two days at the day centre?

IBS currently kicking my arse too. I rely on my heat pad for tummy pain. It really helps. Also, maybe watch what you're eating and drinking for a few days so your system can settle down? I go with fresh soups to help my guts settle down. Also, try Buscomint and mint tea. Both are excellent with abdo pain.

Re lockdown blues, I think I am having the blues because things are back to normal. The social distancing and limiting people in shops suited me. I'd rather it wasn't because there was a pandemic going on, it feels wrong for me to have found a positive in such a terrible time? It was nice having my kid at home too. My husband, not so good. At the end of week one of lockdown I was fantasising about locking him (or myself) in the shed. HE DID MY HEAD IN! (and this doesn't bode well for his retirement)

Life ebbs and flows. Nothing stays the same, so yes things will get better but there are things you can do to help yourself too..

What are your interests? Mine are music, photography, art, knitting, reading (that's getting harder these days) gardening (ditto) but I like pottering about in my back yard listening to the birdies..

Reminds me, I need to get my holiday photos off my camera and onto my phone. I always edit my pictures as cameras have never been able to replicate how my brain perceives things, but thanks to editing apps I can achieve this now.
    Apart from knitting (which I'm totally hopeless at and not really that interested in period), I am interested in nearly all the things you mentioned yourself above.

I've read that IBS (anecdotally) is quite a common issue amongst many of us Auties, so we both definitely have something in common there.

Aw. Pete and I have lived in a 1-bed apartment for about 20 years now. It's not perfect. but we've devised ways of not getting on one another's nerves.
    How do you do it? It involves medication, right?

It mostly involves us liking one another, to be honest, although it doesn't hurt that I'm a lark and he's an owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Apart from knitting (which I'm totally hopeless at and not really that interested in period),
    I have a problem with maths. I know, I'm autistic so I should be a mathematical genius eh? Not so, I broke my maths teacher at school (bottom group) Turns out it's Dyscalculia..

Anyhoo, knitting doesn't come easily to me I can't do complicated patterns and I invariably have to ask for help understanding knitting jargon etc but I do enjoy knitting simple (ish) jumpers and cardigans and I always puff up with pride when I see my grandkids wearing what I've knit them. They're also too young to have any choice in the matter ha ha..

I am interested in nearly all the things you mentioned yourself above.
    Cool. Can you elaborate? What kind of music etc..

I've read that IBS (anecdotally) is quite a common issue amongst many of us Auties, so we both definitely have something in common there.
    Indeed. I have literally just taken what can only be described as a 'aggressive shit' as a result of high anxiety (having come back off holiday) overdoing the Tikka Masala and, like a div, I had dairy last night.

I can't lower both bum cheeks down on the chair yet.

It mostly involves us liking one another, to be honest, although it doesn't hurt that I'm a lark and he's an owl.
    My husband snores and he breathes in my face! He sleeps downstairs two nights when he's been to the pub as said snoring moves up several gears and him sleeping in a separate room is a life saving measure (for him). Those two nights are bliss. I hate sharing a bedroom, let alone a bed. By rights I should live alone somewhere remote (but where Tesco delivers) I'm a shit wife, especially now I'm physically fecked. But I can still make a mean Cottage pie!

If you're both reasonably happy together, then you're not a shit wife

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information