Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Re: Things you enjoyed as a child/teenager but now find boring/uninteresting

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well it's certainly a sh1te Sunday today here in the Midlands, weather-wise!

Tomorrow, it'll be MFin' Monday, then tw@tty Tuesday, w@*king Wednesday, tough titty Thursday, then back to........!

And then Sh@ggin' Saturday!
    Actual tea-spitting-on-screen going on here. Had to treble check the poster's name..

Sh@ggin Saturdays. I remember those (just about)

Sod it Sunday I say. (also applies to some Saturdays)

Well it's certainly a sh1te Sunday today here in the Midlands, weather-wise!

Tomorrow, it'll be MFin' Monday, then tw@tty Tuesday, w@*king Wednesday, tough titty Thursday, then back to........!

And then Sh@ggin' Saturday!

Put those socks on Jacob Rees Mogg's Christmas list!

While I was out walking the dog this morning I was having flashbacks to the period covering the entire year of 1994 and early 95, which was a strange time for me where I recall feeling rather disoriented, having decreased enthusiasm for a lot of things and felt a bit 'in limbo' generally.

I remember going through a fair few personal changes in my life around the mid 90s era, starting with leaving school in July 1993 at the age of 16, then we had a fire in the loft of our house in January 1994 which was (accidentally) caused by an incompetent person attempting to repair a leak in the roof just above my bedroom, which meant we had to temporarily move to another address until early April while remedial work was being carried out on our house, which resulted in various other 'changes' that I felt difficult to come to terms with, such as many new fittings, fixtures and other 'possessions' replacing many of those that we had previously for nearly 9 years since we first moved into the house in April 1985. I also started taking medication called Stelazine due to severe anxiety at that time (also fuelled by severe emetophobia since August 1991) which also made me feel rather lethargic and disoriented, plus I was starting to miss being at school a bit by the time we returned to our proper house, despite me thinking 'Hurrah!' and 'Good Riddance!' when I first set foot out of said school for the very last time in July 93, which could very well have been a bit of an anti-climax plus I was probably missing the 'routines' of being there, and thinking 'why didn't I make the most of it?', even though I hated the place for the most part.

Of course, the mid 90s era (1993-95) for me was my final transition from late childhood to very early adulthood, which was rather difficult, while half of me wanted to see the back of all things childhood, the other half of me kind of started to miss those more innocent, carefree times, where I was suddenly excluded from places like children's play areas and many indoor premises suddenly started to seem much smaller in which I previously perceived quite a few of them as gigantic.

While I was out walking the dog this morning I was having flashbacks to the period covering the entire year of 1994 and early 95, which was a strange time for me where I recall feeling rather disoriented, having decreased enthusiasm for a lot of things and felt a bit 'in limbo' generally.

I remember going through a fair few personal changes in my life around the mid 90s era, starting with leaving school in July 1993 at the age of 16, then we had a fire in the loft of our house in January 1994 which was (accidentally) caused by an incompetent person attempting to repair a leak in the roof just above my bedroom, which meant we had to temporarily move to another address until early April while remedial work was being carried out on our house, which resulted in various other 'changes' that I felt difficult to come to terms with, such as many new fittings, fixtures and other 'possessions' replacing many of those that we had previously for nearly 9 years since we first moved into the house in April 1985. I also started taking medication called Stelazine due to severe anxiety at that time (also fuelled by severe emetophobia since August 1991) which also made me feel rather lethargic and disoriented, plus I was starting to miss being at school a bit by the time we returned to our proper house, despite me thinking 'Hurrah!' and 'Good Riddance!' when I first set foot out of said school for the very last time in July 93, which could very well have been a bit of an anti-climax plus I was probably missing the 'routines' of being there, and thinking 'why didn't I make the most of it?', even though I hated the place for the most part.

Of course, the mid 90s era (1993-95) for me was my final transition from late childhood to very early adulthood, which was rather difficult, while half of me wanted to see the back of all things childhood, the other half of me kind of started to miss those more innocent, carefree times, where I was suddenly excluded from places like children's play areas and many indoor premises suddenly started to seem much smaller in which I previously perceived quite a few of them as gigantic.
    I've been thinking a fair bit recently about changes in perception of size and space ever since my final transition into adulthood. Ditto for my perception of time when I was younger, especially where many events seemed to last a lot longer than they actually were at the time.

I bet, for example, if I was to revisit 3 of the 4 schools I attended as a child (my fourth and final school closed down in the mid 2000s and its former site subsequently became a new housing development), they would probably no doubt seem really tiny inside now compared to what I actually remembered during my tenure as a pupil at each one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information