Thread: Tested positive - panicking over headache

Tested positive - panicking

I have been fearing this for 2 years and it has now happened, probably at a worst time possible as we have travelled to US...so stuck in a hotel room, not an ideal place to nurse yourself to health!
    It started with a scratchy then sore throat, then that resolved after I managed to get out mucus stuck in the back of it! Just left with nasal congestion and tickly throat, but when the tickle makes ne cough the head felt like it will explode, now I have the worst headache I ever had and it is not really responding to meds, feels worst aroundthe forehead and top of the head, like there is something heavy weighing on it...a lot people talk about headache with covid, is it really like this? It is making me really panic!
    Last edited by mila; 23-03-22 at 14:02. Reason: More appropriate title

Re: Tested positive - panicking over headache

A lot of people get headaches with Covid. Have you taken both paracetamol and nurofen together? You can do (just in case you didn't know). Make sure you drink plenty too.

Have you actually tested positive?

Yes, unfortunately I did. I took them in turn, not together. I did read that a lot of people get a headache, but it is different then headaches I had before, just was wondering how bad did others get it...really hope it will go soon!

How many days have you had your symptoms for?

While the actual duration of infection varies amongst each individual, with the vast majority (infected with Omicron), the onset/incubation period is on average 2 days, and the actual infection period is on average, 4-5 days approximately.

So, if you tested positive on say, Monday (yesterday), it's likely you will have more or less recovered by the weekend.

Thank you, Lencoboy. Really appreciate your reply.
    I can't say I am not feeling better, headache was the worst symptom, everything else was like any other cold I ever had. Headache is still there, but not constant snymore. But there is that anticipation of what else I could get and not knowing when the virus is gone. I just had some sharp pains in my chest and that really scared me. One of my biggest fears, apart from not being able to breathe was hearing of people having clothing type issues after covid, I know a few. They were all with Delta though, but it became my big fear. Now being away from home and going on a longhaul flight is exacerbating all this panic as well.
    Also not helping that I had a little blood in nasal mucus a few days ago and now again in on of my nostrils...it all just adds up in my head and make me feel terrified.
    Last edited by mila; 23-03-22 at 12:38.

Thread Information