Thread: Tingly fingers

Tingly fingers

Today i woke up with my left pinky finger tingling/numb its been 2 hours and it is still carrying on. Im worried about rabies now as that is a symptom of it. I dont have any other symptoms. How quick will it progress if its rabies?

Re: Tingly fingers

Do you have a reason to think you’ve contracted rabies? It seems more likely to me that you’ve pinched a nerve or something. Do you type a lot? I get the occasional tingle thing but I spend my days in front of a computer, typing.

Do you have any reason to believe you were exposed to rabies? Were you bitten by a stray dog or wild animal? Did you wake up and find a bat in your house? Do you even have marks that resemble a bite anywhere on your body? I promise, you are perfectly okay. Tingly fingers are a symptom of so many different things. Pinched nerves, arthritis, carpal tunnel, muscle tightness, general strain from typing, gaming, scrolling on your phone too much or just overuse of your hands etc. Tingly fingers are also a common manifestation of stress and anxiety. Tingles in my hands, feet and face are a common symptom of anxiety or stress for me when I'm going through a flare, and I know that's a sign I need to relax. You're okay. Do something to distract yourself and I'm sure it will go away soon enough. See a doctor if it continues just to get some help if you do have a pinched nerve or something, as those can get painful. When it does go away, put these thoughts to rest. Rabies symptoms do not come and go, and they get worse rapidly. It's not rabies. But if it helps to hear it, you'd be very VERY sick within a couple hours of this post if it were. You are fine. Don't go down the rabies anxiety rabbit hole.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I feel a bit better now

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah124 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answer! I feel a bit better now
    Good! Because this is truly a non-issue.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey! Just wanted to let you know. I dont have any tingling in my finger today 😃

Thread Information