Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

Hi, lately I've been having heart anxiety with air hunger which has led to a host of different worries. Amongst them is a new AAA worry. I have noticed my abdomen pulsating for years but during my heart panic I Googled what hat could be and of course the first thing is AAA. I'm a bit overweight with a bit of a belly but nothing huge but possibly with elevated BP. I dug deep into my belly above the belly button and could feel a pulse there but no bulge. It's said that it's mostly people well over 60 that get this but the pulse in the abdomen is so noticable that I fear it could be bad.
    Does anyone have or notice their abdomen pulsating? Especially those of you that have a bit of a belly.

Re: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

Yep. All the time. And especially during periods of higher anxiety when the heart is beating harder.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yep. All the time. And especially during periods of higher anxiety when the heart is beating harder.
    Thank you for responding and I apologize for asking but do you have a bit of a belly like me? I can still see it when I have my belly all blown up and fat lol.

I’ve recently lost 100 lbs and still have about 80 to lose. So yep I definitely have a belly lol. And I can see my belly move with my heartbeat. I guess I’ve never thought that was unusual lol.

I worried about this extremely intensely after I had a child, because my entire thorax/abdomen from the bottom of my ribcage to my belly button was literally visibly moving so much that long necklaces I wore would jump off my skin and the fabric of shirts would vibrate.

You know what it was?

A diastasis, or gap, between my abdominal muscles, like someone had pried apart the 6 pack I never had (and indeed someone had -- my kid. Hah!)

Anyway, I had this proved to me by the ultrasound tech after I prevailed upon the kindest of cardiologists to scan me (to be fair, aneurysm runs in my family.)
    He told me my abdo aorta was literally so exposed due to no muscle coverage that his ultrasound was unusually crisp imaging. He was rather shocked and was able to say within seconds "I can tell you now, you don't have an aneurysm."

Being overweight can also cause diastasis. Mine has since closed, and I virate much less, but glassgirl is correct, it is absolutely worse under high stress.

Best of luck to you!!

I’ve recently lost 100 lbs and still have about 80 to lose. So yep I definitely have a belly lol. And I can see my belly move with my heartbeat. I guess I’ve never thought that was unusual lol.
    Good job on the weight loss. I'm working on losing weight as well. I'm now 84 kilos and want to get to a healthier weight and BMI cause of my heart worries and to lower my BP.
    So do you get the vibrating belly all the time or only when you're anxious? Cause I have noticed this when I'm not anxious. Do you also suffer from dyspnea?
    Last edited by scared88; 26-03-22 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Good job on the weight loss. I'm working on losing weight as well. I'm now 84 kilos and want to get to a healthier weight and BMI cause of my heart worries and to lower my BP.
    So do you get the vibrating belly all the time or only when you're anxious? Cause I have noticed this when I'm not anxious. Do you also suffer from dyspnea?
    When you’re anxious and obsessive about monitoring all your bodies sensations, you’re going to notice all kinds of things that may seem abnormal to you, but are actually just normal bodily functions. You think you have labored breathing, but you really don’t. Your stomach feels like it’s vibrating and buzzing, but it’s not. And while you’re obsessing over all these things, it’s making you more and more anxious, so your heart beats harder and you start noticing the pulse in your stomach. This is the anxiety circle. You have to find a way to break the circle and then focus on managing your anxiety.

When you’re anxious and obsessive about monitoring all your bodies sensations, you’re going to notice all kinds of things that may seem abnormal to you, but are actually just normal bodily functions. You think you have labored breathing, but you really don’t. Your stomach feels like it’s vibrating and buzzing, but it’s not. And while you’re obsessing over all these things, it’s making you more and more anxious, so your heart beats harder and you start noticing the pulse in your stomach. This is the anxiety circle. You have to find a way to break the circle and then focus on managing your anxiety.
    The thing is though I very much notice the abdomen pulsing even when I'm not anxious. I first noticed this years ago when I didn't have as bad of HA as I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    The thing is though I very much notice the abdomen pulsing even when I'm not anxious. I first noticed this years ago when I didn't have as bad of HA as I do now.
    You don’t mention having seen a doctor (I apologize if I missed it). If you haven’t, it might be a good idea to get the all clear health wise from your doctor. Then you can move on from there with working on your HA.

You don’t mention having seen a doctor (I apologize if I missed it). If you haven’t, it might be a good idea to get the all clear health wise from your doctor. Then you can move on from there with working on your HA.
    Not seen a doctor regarding this issue no. Don't think I'm in the right mental state to go in for some tests and having to wait days for the results. I might be able to go in for a BP reading and stuff like that but I always get elevated cause of my anxiety around doctors.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information