Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

Re: More visible heartbeat after COVID?

Sorry you're spiraling over a non-issue but why did you start another thread?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Sorry you're spiraling over a non-issue but why did you start another thread?

FMP
    What makes you think this is a non issue?
    But the reason I started another thread specifically in this part of the forum is cause I figured this is where people who have or have had COVID would be posting. It's a large forum with many sub forums and not everyone goes through each and every one so they might not see the other ones I made.

It will more than likely be merged with your other threads all surrounding your heart.

I mean no disrespect, I know what it’s like to be stuck in the HA spiral. But after the multiple posts for the same issue, it’s clear reassurance here isn’t helping you. It may be time to seek real life professional help. I wish you the best in overcoming this fear!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    It will more than likely be merged with your other threads all surrounding your heart.

I mean no disrespect, I know what it’s like to be stuck in the HA spiral. But after the multiple posts for the same issue, it’s clear reassurance here isn’t helping you. It may be time to seek real life professional help. I wish you the best in overcoming this fear!
    Just want to hear if other people that had Covid have experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    What makes you think this is a non issue?
    Because, as I said in your other thread about the same thing (and this should be merged), we are living sentient beings, we breathe, our chests rise and fall, we have a heart that pumps blood through our bodies and we can actually see, feel and hear the pulse if we focus and look hard enough for it etc. And again as I said in your other thread, hyper-focusing on normal bodily functions combined with HA and Dr. Google and here you are Again, if you're that concerned, go to the doctor. 'Told Ya So' gang on standby

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Because, as I said in your other thread about the same thing (and this should be merged), we are living sentient beings, we breathe, our chests rise and fall, we have a heart that pumps blood through our bodies and we can actually see, feel and hear the pulse if we focus and look hard enough for it etc. And again as I said in your other thread, hyper-focusing on normal bodily functions combined with HA and Dr. Google and here you are Again, if you're that concerned, go to the doctor. 'Told Ya So' gang on standby

FMP
    Well, I guess you can summon the gang. I went to the walk in clinic and the very basic tests done there were fine. o2 Sat at 98, pulse 80 and BP 160/84 which he said was in "stress range" . So he wasn't concerned and he also listened to my heart and said everything sounded normal.
    Last edited by scared88; 04-04-22 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Well, I guess you can summon the gang. I went to the walk in clinic and the very basic tests done there were fine. o2 Sat at 98, pulse 80 and BP 160/84 which he said was in "stress range" . So he wasn't concerned and he also listened to my heart and said everything sounded normal.
    If your heart was struggling you wouldn't be getting blood oxygen readings like that. 98 is bang on!

Re: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

So the doctor I did go to said that my heart sounded normal, oxygen at 98 and BP 160/84 (so a tad high but within stress limits he said) and the rythm was good so that's good news. I'm still struggling a little bit and had a bit of a setback today when I noticed my heartbeat on both sides of my neck in my carotids. I have known for a long time that a lot of pounding veins stem from valve problems apperantly and that's not something I've gathered in a recent Google spree, I learned about this well before I ever had heart anxiety. But I need some help from more levelheaded people, the doctor would have picked up on his stethoscope if one of the valves wasn't operating normally right?

I should add, I don't really feel my heartbeat or palps in my chest, unless I touch the arteries of course, but it's just visible beating.

To be fair you can't expect us to answer questions like that when we are not cardiologists. Why don't you believe the doctor?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    To be fair you can't expect us to answer questions like that when we are not cardiologists. Why don't you believe the doctor?
    Of course not, but there are people here that are well versed and know more and have gone through more medical procedure than many and would maybe know a bit about this after having had their own worries.
    I figure it wiser to ask questions here and maybe get an answer from someone who has gone through something similar instead of getting into a Google spiral.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information