Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

Re: 33 and worried about abdominal aortic aneurysm. Pulse in abdomen.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Still struggling to shift this worry. The pulse on both sides of my neck is still quite noticable when I look at myself in the mirror! It's on each side of my Adams apple, up towards the jawline, if that description makes sense.
    So, when you look at yourself in the mirror and hyper-focus, you can see a pulse? OMG! Go figure!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So, when you look at yourself in the mirror and hyper-focus, you can see a pulse? OMG! Go figure!

FMP
    I have lost a tiny bit of weight recently. I wonder if that could be making this more visible, if my neck fat thinned out or something like that.

Mine was a lot more noticeable when I was constantly looking for it, can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by anom View Post
    Mine was a lot more noticeable when I was constantly looking for it, can't deny that.
    Your neck pulses?
    I didn't notice them when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror real quick. But later on once my BP started to go up and I was moving around I could see it and feel it really well when I put my fingers over it. Also still seeing my head wobble a bit in the mirror when I look at it for a little while.
    Are there any tricks to retrain yourself to not notice this so much.

Your neck pulses?
    I didn't notice them when I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror real quick. But later on once my BP started to go up and I was moving around I could see it and feel it really well when I put my fingers over it. Also still seeing my head wobble a bit in the mirror when I look at it for a little while.
    Are there any tricks to retrain yourself to not notice this so much.
    I didn't know they existed at first, I was checking myself in the mirror for the head bobbing, then I realised my neck was pulsing and got myself in a panic.

Personally I'm just letting my beard cover my neck, stops me prodding and poking around looking for things!

Think you just need to keep yourself busy. I only notice my heart is too much when I'm trying to hold my phone in 1 hand or rest it on my belly and everything is shaking about, keep moving, go for a walk or watch something to take your mind off it.

My problems haven't changed one bit in 18 months-19 months but I've made them less apparent by doing my best to not give them the time of day.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I'm still having anxiety about this, all GPs hear no murmurs or anything. Im wondering too if this could be happening cause of Covid which I had back in February.

Your neck pulses?
    It's not unusual to be able to see your neck pulsing, especially if you're thin.. I'm thin (and anxious) and I can see most of mine - including my stomach..

Still having these concerns about my heart palpitations. Can see the base of my neck pulsate when I look in the mirror, especially if I bend over a bit. Also feeling a pulse in my sternal notch.
    Anyone have that too?

In a study out of Norway, "no person under age 48 was found to have AAA." https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/154/3/236/125840

A similar, but larger UK study, found similar results: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4687424/

At age 33, your risk is essentially nil.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information