Thread: Missed a dose and night sweats

Missed a dose and night sweats

Morning, last night I accidentally missed my dose of sertaline, during the night I woke up having a night sweat. It was mainly my chest. I’ve not my self in a price it could be somthing more serious or could it be from the missed dose ?

Also when I first started sertaline 5 years ago while I was on it it gave me night sweats but these stopped and I have been on snd off the medication since then.
    Thank you for taking the time to read

Re: Missed a dose and night sweats

Quote Originally Posted by Hco View Post
    Morning, last night I accidentally missed my dose of sertaline, during the night I woke up having a night sweat. It was mainly my chest. I’ve not my self in a price it could be somthing more serious or could it be from the missed dose ?
    The missed dose is the most likely explanation. It should have cleared once you began taking sertraline again.

Also when I first started sertaline 5 years ago while I was on it it gave me night sweats but these stopped
    Night sweats are a fairly common initial side-effect when first taking SSRIs/SNRIs with sertraline being more likely to trigger them than the others. Serotonin isn't only a brain neurotransmitter, in fact this is one of its minor functions. It has many roles including in regulating blood vessel tone, constriction and dilation, and thermo-regulation via the hypothalamus and these can be affected by serotonergic ADs at the beginning, or, as you've discovered, by missed doses, or when weaning off these meds.

and I have been on snd off the medication since then.
    You've discontinued sertraline with your GP's guidance after being on it for a year or so, or are you taking it only when you feel you need it?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I have been on and off it over the past 8 years. I have 4 children and when I am pregnant I stop taking the medication and my anxiety is much more under control . Yet around 4 month after having my babies my anxiety flare back up so I begin the medication again. It’s all under doctors guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hco View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I have been on and off it over the past 8 years. I have 4 children and when I am pregnant I stop taking the medication and my anxiety is much more under control . Yet around 4 month after having my babies my anxiety flare back up so I begin the medication again. It’s all under doctors guidance.
    Cool. I asked because some think ADs are like benzodiazepines and can be taken just as needed which is not only incorrect, but may increase the risk of the AD failing to work.

Thread Information