Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mammogram anxiety

Re: Mammogram anxiety

Thankyou I don’t dismiss things out of hand I have tried many of the things recommended but have really struggled with putting things into practice you’re right about the belief though I think in my mind I don’t believe I can overcome it and will always be like this

I see it more as being able to get some control over your HA and not feeling as if you're powerless and it's all pointless? You didn't believe that you would have a clear mammogram but you did. Beliefs can be flawed and based on fear as opposed to fact. Maybe start by having an open mind to the reading matter on here that Carys has flagged up and see what you feel you could put into practice? Even if it's just one thing?

Thankyou I will

That's great! Anything you can manage will be a success! Keep posting on here if you need help and support to keep going? Doing something to challenge your HA will make you feel as if you are taking some control back but take things slowly and don't try and absorb too much information to begin with?

Hi all just checking in I thought things would get a lot better after my clear mammogram but I just can’t seem to get back to where I was before I’m seeing a counsellor but doesn’t seem to be helping every day is a battle I’ve just had a weekend away at a family wedding and it was marred by the constant worry and anxiety verging on a panic attack on a couple of occasions only time I relaxed was when I had alcohol any advice and words of wisdom welcome

Quote Originally Posted by smogie View Post
    Thankyou for all this info I will keep re reading it to try and keep things in perspective I think I am so anxious as recently s couple of friends of friends have passed away from bc and were both a little older than me also a close friend of the family who had bc a few years ago has found out it has returned and they can only offer her a couple of years at the most with treatment we are all devastated for her she is only 35 it feels like it is all around and it’s bound to be my turn next in another note I thought I had some dimpling about a year ago and had both breasts examined by the doctor who couldn’t find anything the dimpling was a stretch mark ��
    I am so like you it's unbearable isn't it. I'm only like this around Breast Cancer I'm not sure why but I have my first Mammogram letter and found your thread. I think I'm going to hire Carys as my own personal counsellor shes amazing!

Hi sorry just come across this hope all went well yes she is very knowledgeable and reassuring x

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information