Thread: OCD and Rabies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OCD and Rabies

Hello, all. Let me preface this with saying I have diagnoses OCD and health anxiety so I am almost 99% sure this is silly. (I take fluvoxamine for my OCD).
    My wife and I were working outside today getting our home ready for the spring and we heard squeaking coming from my garage/shed combo and I investigated. I’m torn on if it was a mouse or a bat, but it was up higher almost sounding like it was in the walls or roof. This all happened around 7PM EST so it was still daylight.
    I didn’t find anything when I looked so I kept working and was blowing out my garage later with my blower and turned my back to the area I heard the squeaking coming from. Later in the day, I kept worrying about it being a bat and found a small scratch on my calf that I didn’t see before then (most likely from yard work as we were pulling out weeds and raking and other junk).
    Now I cannot get it out of my mind that it could have been a bat (even though it sounded like a mouse as well when I looked up the noises on YouTube) and it could have scratched me or bit me when I had my back turned or something.
    Let me be clear: I saw no bat or felt no bat on my skin during the day. I just heard the noise through the wall a couple times when I was listening for it.
    I wasn’t too concerned about this because my wife calmed me down but then I got the stupid idea to call my insurance nurse line and she told me to wash profusely and head to the my PCP in the morning. I plan on it but am worried because I’ve heard horror stories about the high cost of bat bites and don’t have the money to drop 10k for a couple shots to ease my OCD.

Last edited by nomorepanic; 31-03-22 at 20:06. Reason: admin removed picture

Thread Information