Thread: Binge eating disorder

Binge eating disorder

I'm not sure where to put this thread but I just wanted to share with someone that I'm not feeling well... It appears that my BED is back with vengeance and I feel horrible physically, while I'm not even feeling guilty or angry after overeating. I just feel completely numb, and maybe a bit sad that this is my life. Which is odd because normally I would loathe myself for overeating.

I started a new job a few weeks ago. Nothing too challenging or too hard for me but for some reason I started to feel as stresses out as when I had my burnout...
    I think that's the main reason why my BED came back. As of 2 weeks I'm binging almost every day, and my stomach hurts. I am nauseous, in pain and I can smell that my breath is bad. I gained 6 kg in the last 4 weeks... I'm scared and feeling out of control.
    I know I should go to my GP but I'm too ashamed to go there with yet ANOTHER shameful mental health condition...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 02-04-22 at 15:12.

Re: Binge eating disorder

Please be brave and make that appointment? I've had an ED all my adult life and you really want to nip this one in the bud. EDs aren't shameful but they make you feel truly dreadful and feeling out of control is a red flag. You do need professional help and support to get that control back and to regulate your BED.
    I'm sure the new job will be addding to your anxiety and change is stressful at the best of times.

Just wanted to give you some support in deciding to see the GP x

Thank you pulisa. I know I should go to the GP, but Im really ashamed and I really dont want to do it... It feels like it's just one thing after another with me, and it makes me feel like a hypochondriac and a loser.

I feel completely out of control with my eating. Im still binging despite having stomach pain and nausea. This is insane... I am now considering talking to a food coach or booking a psychologist online in another coubtey just to avoid admitting to my GP that I have BED.

Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 15-05-22 at 22:20.

The B-eat website in the UK has a list of accredited therapists for BED. I wouldn't recommend a food coach unless they have a lot of experience in treating clients with disordered eating/food distress but of course it's up to you.

Thank you for the resources Pulisa, they were very helpful! I started to look for some self help online and I already got some very useful ingmfornation. Today I didn't binge!

I overate today. This was not a binge, but I ate past the point of comfortable fullness. It was the first time in 3 days, so I'm happy.

Thread Information