Thread: Going down the rabbit hole...

Unhappy Going down the rabbit hole...

I've been getting worse and worse the last 2 months. Started back on sertraline 2 months ago and instead of helping, it's making things worse (talked with doc about it).

This week I was back in my home country (I live abroad) and when entering the country got the feeling that police officer at the border looked "suspiciously" at me, like being a suspected criminal or something. He didn't say anything but next 3 days I was anxious all the time fearing that maybe something popped at at his screen and when leaving the country I would be arrested or similar. When I got out of the country, again the police officer said nothing, but it looked "strange" behavior. Even when entering EU, although everything was normal, something looked "off".

I know that very likely everything is only on my mind, but does anyone know if border police would have some info on screen for suspected persons or similar, but they would not do/say anything?

Re: Going down the rabbit hole...

Anyone...?

If you have not done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Sounds like you are suffering from a little bit of paranoia.

Unfortunately in a country like Albania anything can happen. For sure I'm catastrophizing, but it would help to know if what I'm imaging is even possible? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SG1977 View Post
    If you have not done anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Sounds like you are suffering from a little bit of paranoia.
    You've already beat me to it mate, as I was going to say 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear'!

Unless Albania is more of a police state, but then again, what do I know?

I'm planning another trip in around two weeks and have been freaking out again. Meds aren't helping and the worst thing is that with this worry it's impossible to get reassurance :( Before I had health worries and would get reassurance from the doc or here at least for sometime. Similar for other worries, but with this one there's no way. Feeling really really down and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel :(

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
    I've been getting worse and worse the last 2 months. Started back on sertraline 2 months ago and instead of helping, it's making things worse (talked with doc about it).

This week I was back in my home country (I live abroad) and when entering the country got the feeling that police officer at the border looked "suspiciously" at me, like being a suspected criminal or something. He didn't say anything but next 3 days I was anxious all the time fearing that maybe something popped at at his screen and when leaving the country I would be arrested or similar. When I got out of the country, again the police officer said nothing, but it looked "strange" behavior. Even when entering EU, although everything was normal, something looked "off".

I know that very likely everything is only on my mind, but does anyone know if border police would have some info on screen for suspected persons or similar, but they would not do/say anything?
    I know that if border police saw any dodgy info about you on their screens then you would have been prevented from continuing with travel and taken away to be questioned. i think that you should challenge your perception of what is "suspicious"? The border police aren't meant to be a smiley lot and they certainly don't hang around when making an arrest...thankfully. Imagine the uproar if dodgy people were allowed to enter the country when border police were in possession of incriminating info about them!

I'm sorry you have been tormenting yourself with his fear. Maybe next time you could try not to look too much at the officers at passport control and keep it to the minimum and then move through calmly without overthinking the situation? You won't be "on trial"..You will just be another traveller heading on their way.

Thank you very much Pulisa. All you say makes sense, just having a really hard time at the moment. Hope it will get better...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I know that if border police saw any dodgy info about you on their screens then you would have been prevented from continuing with travel and taken away to be questioned. i think that you should challenge your perception of what is "suspicious"? The border police aren't meant to be a smiley lot and they certainly don't hang around when making an arrest...thankfully. Imagine the uproar if dodgy people were allowed to enter the country when border police were in possession of incriminating info about them!

I'm sorry you have been tormenting yourself with his fear. Maybe next time you could try not to look too much at the officers at passport control and keep it to the minimum and then move through calmly without overthinking the situation? You won't be "on trial"..You will just be another traveller heading on their way.

Thread Information