Thread: Covid vaccine please read

Covid vaccine please read

I've had covid twice 1st time in july last year I'm still suffering long covid from this .. skin rashes every day for 7 months. And the 2nd time was about 3 weeks ago. Please dont judge but I've not been vaccinated because of my really bad health anxiety. I go to turkey in july if I dont get double jabbed I have to do a fit to fly test 72 hours before and if I'm positive my kids will loose out on a holiday to sp dont want to let them down. I'm looking at getting jabbed but because I have the skin rashes from long covid and I had anaphylaxis shock from eating egg in December (which I've always eaten egg) I'm scared something will happen after the injection . Anyone had long covid and the vaccine made them better

Re: Covid vaccine please read

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Nattynoonoo1990xx View Post
    I've had covid twice 1st time in july last year I'm still suffering long covid from this .. skin rashes every day for 7 months. And the 2nd time was about 3 weeks ago. Please dont judge but I've not been vaccinated because of my really bad health anxiety. I go to turkey in july if I dont get double jabbed I have to do a fit to fly test 72 hours before and if I'm positive my kids will loose out on a holiday to sp dont want to let them down. I'm looking at getting jabbed but because I have the skin rashes from long covid and I had anaphylaxis shock from eating egg in December (which I've always eaten egg) I'm scared something will happen after the injection . Anyone had long covid and the vaccine made them better
    I’m sorry you are suffering. I think it would be a great idea to speak to your doctor about this so that they can give you some good medical advice.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that the vaccine helped with long covid but I can’t remember all the details.

Thankyou the dr has booked me in the hosp on fei morn to get the jab incase I have anaphylaxis

Thats really good news that they have listened to your fears, and that you are forging ahead despite them. on your other concern - I know someone (in my family) who has long covid from the first March wave, and went on to have all 3 vaccines with no trouble from them. I know that with some vaccines containing egg protein (of miniscule amounts) they sometimes provide non-egg protein alternatives or if they can't then people are seen in a hospital setting and monitored - so you have been offered a really safe place to have your vaccine where any issues, even if they arise, can be dealt with immediately. Good for you and look forward to hearing about it after the jab !

It’s great that your dr took you seriously. Good luck for tomorrow, I know you’ll be nervous but I’m sure you’ll be fine. Let us know how you get on.

I’ve read a bunch of studies over here in the states about the vaccine helping long Covid patients - somewhere around 35% of them. There hasn’t been any reports of long Covid symptoms worsening post vaccine though so I certainly don’t think it hurts to try at all!! Will be thinking of you!

Thread Information