Thread: Shortness of breath

Shortness of breath

Hi all,

Need a little advice from you wonderful folks.

My partner and son are getting over something. All tests show negative, but I think the tests are not picking up some COVID. Symptoms match COVID exactly and my partner and son said they felt same as last time they had COVID. My brother and his partner have same thing, she's positive, but he's negative.

I was somewhat unwell before them but nothing major. On Sunday night I took the bins out and when I ran back up the steps to my house I was out of breath and couldn't catch my breath. Even when I sat down at my desk I felt like I was struggling to catch my breath. My heart was pounding and I was worried I might be having a heart attack or something.

Today I cleaned our wooden stairs and managed 2 steps with a scrubbing brush before I had to stop. I started to feel as if I couldn't catch my breath and my heart was pounding again.

I'm just hoping this is all related to this illness. My partner has shortness of breath often right now. I don't feel unwell so I do believe I had it very light prior to my partner and son. But the anxiety brain is in overdrive right now. Need a bit of reassurance.

Do you think it's possible to have less sever COVID symptoms, but still have the after effects such as shortness of breath?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Shortness of breath

From what I've heard this is eminently possible, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    From what I've heard this is eminently possible, yes.
    I am so fed up of this COVID situation Blue. On another topic, recommend me a Terry Pratchett book for my kindle. I need a good one to read at bed time

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Okay. My personal favourite is Small Gods, but you might like Soul Music for all the references. I think his best piece of writing was one of his kids' books, though, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Okay. My personal favourite is Small Gods, but you might like Soul Music for all the references. I think his best piece of writing was one of his kids' books, though, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents.
    I went with soul music, definitely sounds like one I will enjoy. Might read a chapter now, but I might get sucked in

☪️️

I bet you will, it's definitely one of his most accessible books. Let me know how you get on?

Will do Blue ty

☪️️

I took dogs for a walk today, about 2-3 miles. The dog is huge and very strong many times had to pull him back when he sees another dog.

I definitely felt out of shape, but I'm happy I managed it.

Home now, and feel a horrible weakness. Can't really describe it. Like when you're low on sugar maybe. So stupidly I downed a Monster energy drink. Which is probably the reaction to that I'm having. I got some of those dissolvable vitamins, I'm going to see if they help at all but afaik they're just expensive pee coloring.

Need to order blood sugar monitor for my son who is pre-diabetic, so I'll track mine too I'm certain I have some blood sugar issues going on; likely a result of the constant use of energy drinks since I quit alcohol. In the last 3 years my teeth have got so bad, was due an appointment today but dentist is off sick so rebooked for Monday. I'm possibly looking at dentures, but it's something I would welcome because my teeth are so bad I don't smile.

I feel like I want to seclude myself away from people because if COVID can trash your system like that it's not very cool at all. The media reports of celebs dying from heart problems after COVID is concerning. But lets face it, those cases are likely a result of rushing into heavy training post COVID.

Mentally I'm in a worse position now than I was 2 years ago because of the uncertainty and all that's happening at the moment.

Hope ya'll are keeping well.

☪️️

Anxiety brain, must be. All day today I've been non stop. Took old desk down, gave it neighbour and took it around to his. Had to setup my new desk which required an entire room clean ... with a toothbrush. Everything clean OCD style. Feels amazing and my desk looks great.

I got a new chair that supports the back, you seen the mesh ones? One of them. Feels like I am sitting on a cloud. And I got a comfy foot rest. Now sitting at the PC feels great and my posture is correct now!

Time to relax in bed and fall asleep. I'm shattered.

☪️️

Thread Information