Thread: Chest xray

Chest xray

Hello

I am in an awful state. I wrote a post the other day about my cough and acid reflux. I’ve had this cough now since September and after speaking to my doctor she sent me for a chest X-ray this morning. I’m 53 and this cough has been on and off. No coughing at night but if I talk much or after eating, I cough. My doc thinks it’s reflux or post nasal drip but said to check it out anyway.

I’m beside myself. Every time the phone rings my heart jumps. I’m convinced they will find something and tell me I have lung c. My mum died from it last year and when I think about this cough I can’t believe it it could be anything but what I’m fearing. My doctor said she asked for it to come back to her and she will ring me with results. I just want to hear that I’m ok and that everything is ok.

Re: Chest xray

Hey ,how long ago was your Xray? if there was something serious like a tumor on your lung you wouldn't of left the hospital. They are trained to spot immediate issues and send to the doctor as urgent. Something like a tumor in your lung would be flagged up and the tech would of had a doctor speak to you. I'm pretty sure your Xray will be okay

Re: Chest xray

Thanks for your reply.
    My doctor rang me (knowing how scared I’ve been) to say it was normal. Still feel very anxious but so relieved to hear it ok.

Thread Information