Thread: 🚨 COVID-19 and lymph nodes

🚨 COVID-19 and lymph nodes

Hi everyone. So, I finally have contracted COVID. That in itself is not bothering me.

But I’ve been panicking since Christmas time about a slightly enlarged lymph node on the left side of my neck, but came round to the fact it was probably normal for me (no bigger than 1cm, not hard, was moveable and I had a previous infection that made it larger).

Anyway, now I have caught COVID, it’s got even larger. I’m slightly worried because the one on the right hasn’t.

Is this anything to panic about? Also, I’m trying to tell myself that if I had anything sinister I would be suffering with COVID quite bad, but actually I’m doing okay with it.

Any thoughts or similar experiences welcome.

Thanks

Re: 🚨 COVID-19 and lymph nodes

My right node on my neck is larger than my left but doctor said it was not concerning, size and feel. When I got covid that same node swole up and I convinced myself it was something other than covid. Went to doc and he said its definitely swollen so lets keep an eye since you just had covid. The node was back down within 2 or so weeks. I then went back to the doctor because I still thought was enlarged and he said it was not and felt fine, just happen to have one said bigger than the othee (which I knew about but of course my anxiety told me that wasn’t the case).

I would wait 2 to 3 weeks to see if it goes down otherwise Id go see the doc. That said I bet it will go down and it was your body fighting covid

Re: 🚨 COVID-19 and lymph nodes

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    My right node on my neck is larger than my left but doctor said it was not concerning, size and feel. When I got covid that same node swole up and I convinced myself it was something other than covid. Went to doc and he said its definitely swollen so lets keep an eye since you just had covid. The node was back down within 2 or so weeks. I then went back to the doctor because I still thought was enlarged and he said it was not and felt fine, just happen to have one said bigger than the othee (which I knew about but of course my anxiety told me that wasn’t the case).

I would wait 2 to 3 weeks to see if it goes down otherwise Id go see the doc. That said I bet it will go down and it was your body fighting covid
    That sounds looks good advice. Thank you.

Thread Information