Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my head is spinning…

my head is spinning…

hi everyone,

am so relieved to have found this website! I'm 27 and currently live in london. i've been suffering from some kind of panic disorder for the last couple of months and i'm going out of my mind. initially i thought i must have some serious illness but after a million blood tests/scans etc, realise it's all anxiety related.

am really freaked out by it all, haven't been to work in a month and don't quite know how i'm going to go back - even going for a walk down the road can trigger it all off.
    anyway, if anyone has good tips for dealing with/overcoming dizzyness, i'd really love to hear from you. i'm learning to control my breathing but i just can't handle that weird feeling of being light-headed, dizzy and sick the whole time.

i know from reading other posts in the forum that i'm not the only one going through this but god does it feel that way sometimes.

really hope i get to chat with some of you soon! x

Hi Henri

Welcome to the site, its fab and I think it may really help you.

I absolutely know how you feel with the sick/dizzy feelings, and lots of others on the site will be able to relate to them. So you are defo not alone in this! When I start to feel panicky I find the breathing really helps, it helps calm you down, but sometimes you can start breathing too much and that will make you light headed/dizzy (Im not sure why?) thats what happends to me anyway. Try and have an aim everyday even if it is walking to the bottom of the street, at least you are out.

I am new here too, the chat room is fantastic and you may find it helps you - usually after 8:30 there is people in there.

I hope you manage to get back to work and start to get your confidence back soon.

There is always someone here on the site to listen, the people here are great and so supportive.

Luv ~Sarah~ xxx

hi and welcome you will get lots of really helpful advice here, as you say reading through some of the posts helped you realise your not alone with this and im sure you will find lots of tips to try that have worked for others

fan x

Welcome Henri

The dizziness is one of the worst symptoms I had as it seemed to go forever - years it felt like.

It does go in time trust me.

Can you do any exercise atall that is great for panic/anxiety and also you need to get some good relaxation CD's and play them at least twice a day. They will do some breathing excercises too so that will be a big help.

Have a look at Meg's "First Steps" post as that may give you some tips on what to try (www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm)

I hope we can be of help to you and stick at it - it will come in time ok?

Nicola

Henri,

Welcome to the site.
    You will get lots of help, understanding, & support on here.
    and, knowing you are not alone with this will help you to move forward again.

Linda. x

hey,
    thank you for your reassuring messages, it's really comforting to know that there are people out there who can relate to this nightmare.
    i've never been in a chat room but if i can work out how to log on to it, i really look forward to talking to some of you later,

henri x

Hi Henri, and welcome

I think I can understand how your walking may trigger off your anxiety attacks off.

It is most likely assocaited with a fear of that situation. Gently go outside on a regular basis - if you are able to go for a walk with a sense of purpose too that's even better but it seems that you should acclimatise your mind that you can face a short gentle walk.

This can be daunting and so may have to be taken in small steps ~ even walking down your front path or the first lamp post will be a start.

You will still feel fearful at first, but in time you will be OK. If you don't face it, it will be more difficult to conquer.

Easier said than done, I know ~ I'm still finding various things difficult to face.

Take Care

Ray

henri

From the main website page - www.nomorepanic.co.uk click on the menu item "live chat room" on the left hand side.

Hope to see you there

Nicola

Hi Henri

Just want to say welcome to the site.

There are lots of nice people here
    who will heop and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Hi Henri

Welcome to the forum. It's a really great place for information and support - you really know you're not alone when you come to a place like this and you also realise what you're experiencing is not unique to you (and that helped me very much indeed).

The diizziness, sickness, faintness of breath will all pass in time. You need to try to make yourself relax a little and you will begin to feel better step by step - I use the analogy of training for a marathon. Build-up gradually and you will get much better over time in manageable steps. There's no magic bullet cure for panic but it does respond really well to conventional treatment, homeopathy, counselling and by coming to places like this which is brimming with information and supportive people who understand how you're feeling. There's so much information here and on the parent website that really helps with dealing with this condition and fighting back against it too.

It's a horrible, debilitating, lonely condition but it can be beaten with a bit of effort. You've got a really good attitude towards it, you understand what's happening to you and you've found this place too - I'm sure this will set you on the road to recovery before you know it. Keep posting here, let us know how you're doing and enjoy the community spirit/knowledge. Hope to see you in the chat room too.

Good luck and good health

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information