Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone got experience of this

Re: Anyone got experience of this

I was the of you Darksky, wondering how you were feeling.
    Looks as though those tests are pretty much unreliable. Common sense in the end.
    I can understand your daughter being angry Pulisa, I would be too. Why can't people be more considerate. Seems the pandemic has taught some people absolutely nothing. :(

Hooe you're feeling better Darksky. I'm absolutely convinced my daughter had it when I did. She was in bed for the same amount of time as me with exactly the same symptoms yet I tested positive and she was negative. I wish we could still get PCRs!

It's .herd immunity now, I reckon. The Gov wants to forget about covid for obvious reasons! Not sure that hospitals can though

Day 9 and negative!
    it’s the first test I’ve taken since day 1, so I could have been negative before now but I’m conscious of wasting these things.

Still a bit croaky voiced, mild sore throat, phlegmy in the morning and achy eyed. But the latter could be tree pollen…me and the cat both suffer in the spring. I can put up with them for a while longer, it’s just knowing you’re not infectious and the way out is there.
    Generally I’ve been ok really, not stopped dog walking..it’s ok we are rural and only see cows.. Been working round the house etc. I’ve had much worse colds. The very worst thing was the accompanying anxiety, which I suppose should have been expected with me

The two year build up, lockdowns etc and then oh my God you’ve suddenly got it. It’s bound to affect anxy people.
    But yeah, the morale boost of that single line can’t be underestimated.

Ghost…Spillways

Darksky
    I have to admit, I was was wondering whether you had covid at all. There's been so many colds and viruses going around that could well pick up a positive on a test one day and not the next. It's always a good thing to be a bit cautious anyway. I know you've been itching to see your mum and do some bulk cooking for her, so you must be relieved you are reading negative. Just can't believe it's been 9 days.

Nah, we’ve definitely had covid I could build a wall with the amount of positive tests my one son produced.
    Those tests only pick up Sars.covid proteins, not other cold and viruses, so if it’s positive it’s positive. There’s no getting away

I reckon I’ve been negative for a few days now. Just wanted to give it as long as possible so not wasting tests. My son who I’m following almost to the day was negative on day 5 or 6.
    My sons gf ( who he gave it to) is really bad with it, in bed all day, on day 3 I think.

At least I can go shopping tonight for the first time not worrying about catching the damn thing. Although I will still mask up round my mother. We were getting her booster tomorrow but she’s been put on antibiotics for her leg so I don’t think she will be able to have it?
    Last edited by Darksky; 21-04-22 at 13:59.

Ghost…Spillways

Congratulations on getting that single line! You're in the clear and liberated! You've done really well to cope with all the anxiety accompanying a positive covid test and now you can look forward to seeing your mum again and having a good catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Congratulations on getting that single line! You're in the clear and liberated! You've done really well to cope with all the anxiety accompanying a positive covid test and now you can look forward to seeing your mum again and having a good catch up!
    Seconded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information