Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got experience of this

Re: Anyone got experience of this

I would have replied earlier but for some reason my phone couldn't access this site yesterday. It kept saying the site couldn't be reached.

When I had Covid just before Christmas I didn't get one positive LFT. I did a lot of them because of work (daily) and I only went for a PCR (on day 4) because my son came home for Christmas and he said I should have one because I had symptoms and he was going (his flatmate had tested positive) so we went together. My PCR came back positive. I kept doing LFT's because I kept thinking it was bound to show up in the end, it didn't.

I googled and found one article that said that it was possible to have Covid but that you could still test negative on a LFT because your viral load was low. That might have been nonsense, who knows. But we had an outbreak at work a few weeks ago, which was after someones leaving do, eight people went down with Covid and I'd been with all of them. I felt a bit grotty but carried on doing the LFT's and all mine were negative. Maybe LFT's don't work on me? I must be doing them right because it showed up on the PCR and I swabbed myself on that.

It does puzzle me a bit.

I think it would be handy to have these PCR stations still up and running. The lateral flows are getting hard to find…well you can pay but people won’t do that.

He thinks if he had a. PCR it would come up positive but who knows? What’s bugging him is not knowing how he’s going to feel when he wakes up. One day he can be up and travelling to work and the next barely getting 10 miles before turning back home and spending the day in bed.
    Its an odd virus what ever he’s got..coming and going in waves.

Ghost…Spillways

I know I keep going on about the flu, but that can be like that and takes ages to feel like your old self. Although Covid can be like that too for some people. Some recover in a few days, others take weeks.
    How are you feeling Darksky?

Look after yourself, Darksky. Your health is important too. I doubt whether you have the luxury of spending the day in bed if you feel rotten?

Regarding the cooking for your mum, I have no idea whether it's a safe thing to do, but I'd give yourself a break. Your mum could eat those prepared cottage pies, casseroles they sell at the supermarket. Can your sister get these and take them there?
    Also if you were to cook and send and your mum became positive, you'd be bashing yourself up over it possibly being your fault, even if it was ok, you still might think it was connected. I'd leave well alone for now and just take a rest.

Well I certainly feel I’ve got something this morning. Like a head cold, whooshing in ears and a bit tired. I will get some pills down me.

Mr.D got up saying his stomach was off and he had diarrhoea. We had some salmon last night and I said it smelt a bit funny. He said it was fine and I had covid nose. He ate more than the rest of us. Everyone else is fine.

I think maybe I will give the cooking for my mother a miss, there is other stuff she can eat and you’re right MrsC, I would be blaming myself if something happened even if it wasn’t anything to do with it, I would never know for sure.

well, I’ve got some washing to do…you’re right Pulisa, there’s no lying in bed for me.

Ghost…Spillways

Hope you feel better soon Darksky.

So I reckon my persistently negative son did have covid. His girlfriend, who I told to stay away from ‘ Plague House’ decided to spend time with him, up close as they do because he was testing negative and she’s now finally tested positive. She’s been nowhere really except with him, her house is clear. Well it was….
    Presenting with the same symptoms as him but it’s also in her head.

So the moral is…consecutive negative tests mean sod all if your head and throat are clear of symptoms. You need the viral load in your head for the swabs to collect it. Well that’s my opinion anyway

Other son, negative now but still throaty and not quite right and me, well only on day 6 so I’m not going to my mothers appointment tomorrow. Way too soon.

Ghost…Spillways

These LFTs are such a lottery re results, aren't they? I had a visitor yesterday who turned up coughing and spluttering with a supposed bug. My poor daughter was furious. Time will tell..

I hope you can se your Mum very soon, Darksky. You are so right to be cautious..and very sensible.

Thank you

There was someone on here who had 8 negative tests despite having covid. Finally testing positive on a PCR. It just makes it all so much more confusing.

I’m dying to see her, it seems ages and ages but I know I can’t. I will take a test day 7 just to see where I am now….maybe, fingers crossed I will be well clear by the W/E

Ghost…Spillways

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information