Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awaiting scan after high ca125 test

Re: Awaiting scan after high ca125 test

You have no idea how much comfort your post gives me Limeslime. Thank you for taking the time to post. Not sure if youve seen this reseach: https://journals.plos.org/plosmedici...l.pmed.1003295

Xxx

Ah yes, that article brought me a lot of comfort when I was waiting for my scans. The general consensus is that this test is unreliable in women under 50 (still having periods) and I’m living proof of that too!

Good luck next week, please come back and let us know how you get on!

I was offered this blood test once after an internal when my gp said she could feel a mass . I just could not face it as either way I would need a scan so just waited for scan . I guess what I am saying is that test is pretty unreliable and can be high for many reasons

Hi just to add onto this thread I have had this marked raised 2x now. Each time I had an ovarian cyst. I am plagued by them unfortunately x

Hi Sar, thank you for taking the time to reply. Can I ask how did you know you had cysts? Did you have symptoms? Also, how high were your ca125? Not long until my scan (Monday) and anxiety is increasing!

Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow and fingers tightly crossed for some reassuring news..Please let us know if you feel up to it? You've done really well to get through what must have been a horrible week of worry and anticipatory anxiety x

Thank you Pulisa.

***trigger warning***

I have been doing OK this week, until today a friend/work colleague has just passed away from OC. When I saw her last she was telling me how she'd just had surgery and had been told she didn't need chemo as it was early. That was last summer. She's now gone at age 33.
    I went to the Gp with bloating and discomfort in part because she brought this to the forefront of my mind. She's now gone and I face a scan for the same thing. I also looked at my referral letter and my ca125 is actually 47 rather than 45. Only two points but the wrong way. I'm sad, worried, angry all at once.

Of course this is really tragic news but this poor lady isn't you and you have no diagnosis of OC. You have a slightly elevated blood marker and some bloating. It's sensible to get it checked out and this is where you are at now. The scan will be looking for other conditions too..Have the scan and see what is or isn't the problem. Don't try to predict the future based on your friend's tragic experience?

You're right. Thank you Pulisa. I'll post back on here tomorrow xxx

Good luck and take care today. Wishing you all the very best xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information