Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awaiting scan after high ca125 test

Re: Awaiting scan after high ca125 test

Hi everyone,

Update from me.. My TVUS was clear! They re-did bloods and I'm likely going to have a laproscopy and tube removal. I feel very mixed... Relieved.. But desperately sad for my friend...and emotionally wrung out.

I hope this post helps anyone else facing a high ca125 in the future xxx

I'm very relieved for you but understand your mixed feelings. You must be mentally exhausted..and need to grieve for your friend and recover from your own ordeal xx

Wonderful news….. but probably also bitter sweet in the light of your poor friend xx

Another update from me.

So my repeat ca125 is in and the doctor wants to speak to me on the phone on Monday. This is a bit triggering... But hopefully it's all OK. I don't know what the repeat level is.

Oh Gosh... Having a meltdown. My ca125 was 128 when I was tested a couple of weeks ago. 😭. Literally having a meltdown. My ultrasound of my Ovaries was clear... But what if something else is going on??

I'm having another ca125 this week and if that's raised an MRI. I don't have fibroids or anything like that.

I know it’s worrying, you’ve been up and down in emotions. But it’s good that they are checking to find out the reason. Did you ask what they were looking for?

Can I just say again how much I hate this blood test!
    Were you on your period or ovulating when you had the most recent test done?
    I was able to get my levels down from 88 to 25 by a combination of choosing my times wisely to get the blood test done (beware of how much a ca125 can be affected by menstruation) and by doing a 7 day cleanse beforehand. I cut out caffeine and followed the Terri-Ann 7 Day Cleanse. I can’t promise it will work for everyone, but it helped me deal mentally with the anxiety because I felt like I was being pro-active.
    Plus, you can be very reassured by your TVUS being clear!!
    Chances are, you’re having a bout of IBS, or it’s just where you are in your cycle.
    These tests are not fit for purpose in women who are still having periods!

Thank you both for your replies. I've calmed down now. I thought it might raise a bit but that was an unexpected rise!!! I thought I'd keep my updates on this thread so that the next poor soul who has a raised ca125 can see how problematic it can be! Limeslime - I was on day 5 so period just finishing - there was still some v small amount of blood when he scanned. That's probably whats done it... But he was quite surprised that it almost tripled... That's quite some rise!

I had the GP give me a pelvic exam yesterday which was OK - all normal - so that's helped the worry a bit. She also said all my other bloods were fine.
    Had a third lot of bloods taken today and hoping the ca125 is normal, but I'd take lower at this point!

I'm reassured I don't have ovarian cancer but I can't rid the worry that there's something else going on.

I'm also going to try the Terri Ann cleanse... Never heard of it but will give it a go if it worked for you!

Argh... Results are back and I have to speak with the consultant tomorrow. 😭

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information