Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going for my first heart tests, what to expect?

Re: Going for my first heart tests, what to expect?

Hi everyone, it’s been 2 weeks today since I did an ultrasound and ECG on my heart. It has been a week and two days since I dropped off my 72 hour holter.

I haven’t heard anything yet. Idk how I feel about this, must mean there’s nothing wrong right? I’m thinking if I don’t get a call this week I will call them and see what they say.

But I’m anxious. I hope they didn’t forget about my tests and they haven’t been looked at yet. Usually my doctor calls me, but this was through a cardiologist…which my family dr recommended me to. So not sure if they do something different.

Usually I know if they don’t call then that means you’re typically okay.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    I know if they don’t call then that means you’re typically okay.
    Exactly!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Exactly!

FMP
    My anxiety brain tries to make up some ridiculous story!

I had one about a month ago and never got a call. They have a digitized system though so I know they got the results and fairly certain they were good. Generally they would call you otherwise but at this point of it's driving you nuts just call them - I'm sure the results are fine

Here in the UK, they never call unless they need to see you, I’m sure it will be the same over there.
    Its a case of no news is good news. The results would go back to you Dr. and if they wanted to see you, I’m sure you would have heard by now.

Ghost…Spillways

I had a CT Scan last February.

I don't know why but I assumed I'd hear something back within a couple of weeks, I spent god knows how long trying to get in touch with someone (It was tricky because my initial appointment was private but he bumped me back onto the NHS as he didn't see any reason to rush, he had 4-5 secretaries and it was a nightmare trying to hunt the right one down!)

From what I remember I got through at some point in the middle of march to be told I hadn't even been looked at yet. Back to freaking out, then I got back in touch at the start of April to be told - oh yeah, the results are in, it was put on the system last week. Again I was still none the wiser, I asked what would happen regarding the results. Well if he needs to see you again you will get a letter, if you hear nothing back - no news is good news.

Ok! so what happened about a week later - I get a letter - basically telling me things looked fine. and that was that!

I checked with my GP who found it odd as it was very vague and never even mentioned my heart and managed to have a chat with the cardiologist, the take from it seemed to be - you'd know about it if there was a problem.

So yeah. I'd echo other people - no news seems to be good news!

Thank you all SO much!
    I finally got results today….my heart is completely fine!!! I cried with happiness. The cardiologist reassured me that my palpitations are benign. My average heart rate was good, and it went to 54 when sleeping. One day I had 160, probably from running up the stairs while anxious. But I’m so so relieved!!!! I feel like going for a jog now knowing my heart is okay

That’s good news.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information