Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paget’s breast disease?

Paget’s breast disease?

Hi everyone hope you are having a good Easter.
    I have had a ‘good’ 5 months more or less. But about 3 weeks ago I noticed a patched on my left areola (tmi sorry). It has little red spots and is flaky. It hasn’t gone away. I am really scared that I have Paget’s disease. That breast tends to be tender. I am 51 and the right age. I am in a panic. I know I should go to the doctor but I am so scared ! 😞

Re: Paget’s breast disease?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Really really worried😞. I was doing so well. But this is something I can see so it is not in my head😞. Sorry If I sound silly

Hiyer minion,

I'm sorry you are so worried. This is a very rare BC form, and the vast majority of skin changes are of course simple and benign (like dermatitis, fungal infections and such like) I don't think that will help you hugely without someone taking a look at it. I don't know what it is you are seeing, I'm not there and only you know what you have tried to try and deal with the skin change, so it might be one of those times you do need to pop to your Dr and have a quick look taken. Is there anything you have tried - hydrocortisone or deep moisturising ? Has it changed, has it become larger ? CAn you think of anything that could have set it off - is there a potential cause and effect (even something that has rubbed and caused friction skin changes) ?

This has come up here before a few times, Paget's, and in those cases it has been for benign reasons the skin has changed but if its something that is bothering you then you should get a quick look taken. I know its scary to sometimes go to the GP/doctor, as you don't want to hear anything that might be bad news or be triggered by even being looked at but really if you are so worried then I can't see another option here. I should fully imagine that you will be given some cream or other and told to take it away to try.......

Edited to add - I've looked back at your thread history, and see that you have had BC/breast change fears before, and have a fear of seeing doctors. I also see that you have 2 yearly mammograms - when was the last ?
    Last edited by Carys; 17-04-22 at 20:37.

Just remember also - just because you can see something, it doesn't make it more of a threat than something that you can feel and can't see.

Thanks for replying. My last mammogram was a year ago.

Hi. I went to see the gp last week. She prescribed canesten with hydrocortisone to cover everything. But it is still there after a week of treatment. Really panicking 😞

Really panicking. Another day has gone by and it is still there. I have read that at the beginning Paget’s can be confused with other skin conditions. Don’t know what to do😞. Sorry guys for going on but my family don’t want to listen. I know with my HA I can drive people up the wall xx

I should imagine that you asked your Dr about Paget's ? - What did he/she say ?

I did ask her and she said no. I know I shouldn’t Google , but I have read about all these ladies who were told it was eczema or dermatitis etc and then ended up being Paget’s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information