Thread: Has anybody ever had a perianal abscess that could help please?

Has anybody ever had a perianal abscess that could help please?

Sorry if TMI

Yesterday morning I felt a sensation similar to a spot formation when I wiped after having Bowels open. It was tender all day, and I could feel that it is raised and swollen. I think it is a perianal abscess - I have never had one but in the 80's packed plenty when I worked on a surgical ward!

I hadn't noticed anything prior to yesterday morning, was due to go away on Tuesday until the end of June with just 1 week at home in the middle for some appointments, so clearly I am worried about that, but today I have already noticed it to be more tender and noticeable than yesterday. Shall be trying to get a GP appointment tomorrow but can anybody please tell me what the process is from there on? Almost 40yrs is too long to compare with as medicine management has advanced, and of course I only saw those admitted electively or as an emergency. Is this likely to scupper my summer plans - I am home for all of August, most of July so is it something that can be delayed?

Did you have any recurrences? Is it something I could get attended to privately? Sorry - so many questions, just wondered if anybody can give me some insight into how it was managed, how much it interfered with daily life, recovery / healing time and recurrences? Thank you in advance

Re: Has anybody ever had a perianal abscess that could help please?

Sorry Admin - I realise this should have been put under "Symptoms"

Apologies

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have put it under the bowels forum.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information